Henry Cavill mentions his love of Warhammer on TV, explains that it's not World of Warcraft

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? If there’s one thing that nerds, geeks, PC lovers, and those who fall into all three categories can agree on, it’s that Henry Cavill is our spokesperson. The Man of Steel was unashamedly talking about his love of the culture on a British talk show recently, confirming his adoration of Warhammer and that it isn’t the same as World of Warcraft, another of his passions.

Cavill was asked about his hobbies during a recent appearance on the Graham Norton show. After telling the host that “it’s Warhammer, Graham,” not World of Warcraft miniatures he paints, Cavill explained the tabletop franchise's painting and gaming aspects.

"It's actually—it is fun! It sounds ridiculous, but it is fun," said Cavill, who showed off some of his miniature-painting skills last year.

A post shared by Henry Cavill (@henrycavill)

The Geralt of Rivia actor went on to say that he invites people over to take part in Warhammer games, to which Spider-Man’s Tom Holland enthusiastically asked, "Can I come over and play? It sounds amazing!" Cavill, ever the gentleman, said yes.

Cavill has never been afraid of letting his nerd flag fly and is a massive lover of all things PC. Before he took on the role of its protagonist in the Netflix series, he played through The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt twice, the second time on the hardest difficulty. He's also completed Total War: Warhammer 2 six times, as six different races.

A post shared by Henry Cavill (@henrycavill)

Back in July last year, Cavill uploaded a quick build-log video for his new PC on Instagram. He then posted a photo in December showing off his new RTX 3090. We’ve also seen possible evidence that he’ll appear in a new Mass Effect TV series. Hopefully, he’ll still have time to enjoy Total War: Warhammer 3 when it arrives on February 17.

h/t: PC Gamer

Permalink to story.

I wonder why gaming is considered something abhorrent in the society? I think this the best way to relieve stress.

It is seen as grown ups that still play kids' games. Videogames are something relatively good and younger generations don't see it as the old ones. I still remember when my father asked me when will I stop playing video games when I was in my early twenties. Now almost 30yo most of my friends still play videogames, some of them married and with kids.

I really like Cavil as a person but he's an awful actor.
He's good enough for the roles he's been in. Awful is not even close, you're hating for no reason.

He does not have to be Al Pacino, not every actor needs to be Oscar worthy, and even that has become a joke for years... the Oscars.

He's fine as he is for what he does. If I'll see him do Shakespeare and fail then I'll say he's awful (in that role).

He's good enough for the roles he's been in. Awful is not even close, you're hating for no reason.

He does not have to be Al Pacino, not every actor needs to be Oscar worthy, and even that has become a joke for years... the Oscars.

He's fine as he is for what he does. If I'll see him do Shakespeare and fail then I'll say he's awful (in that role).

He was terrible in Mission Impossible, Superman and Witcher. In fact, I can't think of a single solid performance

I really like Cavil as a person but he's an awful actor.

I disagree. His major problem IMHO is his looks pigeon hole him into roles that really don't demand a lot. Until he has a role that's really challenging I'll reserve judgment.

He was terrible in Mission Impossible, Superman and Witcher. In fact, I can't think of a single solid performance
He was great in Superman, actually the best Superman ever. And I'm not the only one thiking that. You can blame the script or direction, but not his performance.

He was also good in Witcher, did not see any issues there at all. As for MI that was a meh movie anyway, so I don't care much, I did like his scene with the double punch cocking and that was all him, he added that.

So what now? I think he's great, you don't. You look like a hater, more and more. Nothing more to add. The end.

When people discuss the quality of any actors work I always remember Adam Sandler. Know for a string of mildly funny sophomoric comedies after he left SNL his "acting" was considered a joke. Then he did Punch Drunk Love.

Enjoy the film or not, but almost everyone agreed Sandler show some real acting chops and was pretty much universally praised for his performance. He then went back to the same shlock he'd been doing before. Not everyone is Daniel Day Lewis, or gets offered nothing but DDL scripts...

When people discuss the quality of any actors work I always remember Adam Sandler. Know for a string of mildly funny sophomoric comedies after he left SNL his "acting" was considered a joke. Then he did Punch Drunk Love.

Enjoy the film or not, but almost everyone agreed Sandler show some real acting chops and was pretty much universally praised for his performance. He then went back to the same shlock he'd been doing before. Not everyone is Daniel Day Lewis, or gets offered nothing but DDL scripts...
I loved punch drunk love

It is seen as grown ups that still play kids' games. Videogames are something relatively good and younger generations don't see it as the old ones. I still remember when my father asked me when will I stop playing video games when I was in my early twenties. Now almost 30yo most of my friends still play videogames, some of them married and with kids.
There are games that grown-ups can play too. Gaming is just not limited to kids only.

I wonder why gaming is considered something abhorrent in the society? I think this the best way to relieve stress.
I think there's a perception among the older generations that it's a waste of time. Surely adults have better ways to be spending their time? Watching TV for 2-3 hours is fine, but gaming for 2-3 hours is a no.

Back