How can I get better gaming results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run a Compaq SR5110NX model, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3800+ 2.40GHz
With 446mb of RAM and 32-bit operating system

My problem is I try to run WoW (world of warcraft) on this machine. I get about 160 latency and and around 30-40 fps when I'm just standing there not moving nor anything else, but yet when Iry to move or run or to do anything else I instantly drop from 1-5fps and when more people are around I have vertually no chance at doing anything. My latency never differs in big ways yet my FPS is a major bother so anyone that could help me out please give me some tips:)

Thanks
-Brandino0

You need more RAM, and a Highend Graphics card, and sound card. Not a gaming expert, just giving my two cents.

Well your latency is your ping, and your ping has nothing to do with sound or video so we can leave that out of the situation. tw0rld is right more RAM would help, also lowering your "multisampling" setting to the lowest will improve your rates a bit, along with all the other video settings.

EDIT: Get at least a total of 1GB of RAM to run WoW if you do upgrade.

Do you have a video card? If so what is it?

Sound isn't really a factor here, if your having problems with sounds just bottom out your sound quality, not much different really.

Your ping and framerate are 2 different issues.

Your ping is high, which means try another server, or your bandwidth is not good.

Your framerate is low because you have a single core and a very old budget video card.

thx

You need a new video card. A cheap one like the 8400GS will do, if WoW is the most demanding game you play. Also, consider upgrading your internet connection to decrease your ping, if you feel it's a major issue.

to improve gaming results or want to have best gaming results
one should have good latest processor which is dual core processors.
2) 2gb or more ram
3)very important to have a good gaming graphic card whaich have 256mb or 512 mb ram. Nvdia cards or ATI cards are good.

thanks

the minimum requirements for WoW are 128MB video card, 512 ram and a 2.0 processor, so you need to upgrade your ram and video card to get better results

Wow, for a dude with only 6 posts you're very observant. Maybe the mods should respect that and ban you before you feel the need to enlighten us with any more of your insightful remarks and end up causing permanent brain damage in the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back