How do I save my bookmarks from Xmarks?

sdms96825

I am unable to sync my bookmarks from my Xmarks account and I just read the site is being disbanded. How can I save all of my bookmarks which are in my Xmarks account (they are not on Firefox because I had to do a complete restore and re-install Firefox)? Thanks.

I'm not familiar with Xmarks so I can't help you with that part but for the future if you ever need to reinstall Firefox again, you can export a copy of your bookmarks to the desktop or any folder you choose. After reinstalling the new Firefox you can import them back.

I am unable to sync my bookmarks from my Xmarks account and I just read the site is being disbanded. How can I save all of my bookmarks which are in my Xmarks account (they are not on Firefox because I had to do a complete restore and re-install Firefox)? Thanks.

Their website looks fine to me. You need to install xmark extension on your firefox. After that you can then sync xmark with your firefox, after the sync you can then locally backup/export your firefox bookmarks.

I probably did not explain this well.
In Firefox, I click on Tools>xmarks>synchronize now
I get a window that shows it is synchronizing bookmarks.
When it stops, it has added none of my saved bookmarks to Firefox.
However, I see my saved bookmarks in My Xmarks.
I just can't get them to appear on Firefox.

Have you tried reinstalling the extension or going to xmark settings > advanced, repair then download?

I just removed it and then reinstalled xmarks. However, when I click on xmark settings nothing happens -- I cannot get to xmark settings!

I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. I then did a new reinstall of Xmarks. The setup wizard came on. However, no matter what I do , when it is "Verifying account" it tries and then stops and gives me the message "Status: Network timeout"

Samt thing when I try to synchronize now. What "network" is it referring to? I have a sole laptop connected to my dsl line. I can go to my xmarks and log in with no problem, so why the difficulty here?

This won't work. I can't export my bookmarks as a file to my Desktop for some reason. This is very frustrating as my bookmarks have been accumulated (and edited) over the last 10 years and I cannot gain access to them yet.

looks like EXPORT is to file, not a browser - - where did you save the XMarks export data? Look there and try FF Import

That did it!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!
I still wish there was a way to sync my Firefox and Chrome bookmarks.

@dms96960, Xmarks isn't going anywhere...

For a little while it seemed they were going out of business, but then they got acquired by LastPass, since then it's been all smooth sailing. It's always a good idea to keep a local backup of your bookmarks but for now Xmarks is a good way to keep your bookmarks stored in the cloud and synced.

Back