How to Customize the Windows 10 Context Menu

Need some help! I uninstalled Pixlr because the desktop program is no longer functional. But the context menu Open with Autodesk Pixlr remained. I used Revo Uninstaller to be sure I remove everything. I restarted the PC. Yet the context menu is still there. I tried CCleaner but it is not listed there. I tried with manually registry cleaning but this line of the context menu is not listed there too. Any advice?

Superb work ! I've been looking for this for some time now. Windows 10 if you didn't know it has its own horrid .ZIP extractor built in and it most definitely does disable 7zip !

Getting it off of the right-click menu enabled 7zip to finally appear for me.

Just another reason to hate Microsoft. :D

Do you know how to add/modify hotkey for items under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers?Just like in the right-click menu, press R to be the property, press A to run as administrator.

Jtveg, I so completely agree, why is this too much to expect from Windows?
Microsoft should build this functionality into Windows, after all I want my computer to be set up to facilitate my work. A right click to a context menu where the top entry is 'emojis' on a desktop computer just. boggles my mind that someone at MS felt that this was such an important change that it needed to be made while so many other things in Win 10 that need fixing are ignored.
Fantastic article. Thank you

These kind of customisations are what a good OS is all about. Windows should really have a simple way of doing it through control panel or something similar.

Alas the control panel is gone totally with next update and has been well hidden in the the 20H2 update.

Need some help! I uninstalled Pixlr because the desktop program is no longer functional. But the context menu Open with Autodesk Pixlr remained. I used Revo Uninstaller to be sure I remove everything. I restarted the PC. Yet the context menu is still there. I tried CCleaner but it is not listed there. I tried manually registry cleaning but this line of the context menu is not listed there too. Any advice?

Created a new User Account set As Administrator don't forget to move your data from previous user account like My Documents, Downloads, My Pictures blah..blah..blah... to Local Disk C (Create a New Folder then rename it to prevent file and folder mixed up)

Back