HP Omen X 27 Review: The Fastest 1440p Gaming Monitor

I have the 165Hz version of this monitor and run it at 144Hz with my GTX 1080.
It's been a solid panel and I plan on keeping it for a long time, the 1MS response time paired with Gsync makes my system appear to run games much better then it has any business doing.

Ha I just mentioned this monitor in the Nvidia Kd article, not yet available in my country though.

I have the LG. It is top class, few people really need the extra hertz these TN panels provide. Is this niche? I would say very much so. TN has had its day.

Surprised it does have such high P3 color space. Supposedly a VA, Qled monitor has 92%+, while some tv's have 99% according to review sites. Probably hard to notice, unless a direct comparison side by side. Unfortunate that there aren't Qleds on the charts. I got a Qled samsung and it has FPS mode which probably resembles TN's native contrast.

Last edited:
I have the LG. It is top class, few people really need the extra hertz these TN panels provide. Is this niche? I would say very much so. TN has had its day.
I have the Legion variant with LG GL850-B panel equipped but with better contrast and native 165Hz.
Why would you want 1ms from a TN when you can have it from an IPS with true 98% wide color format DCI-P3.

I have the Legion variant with LG GL850-B panel equipped but with better contrast and native 165Hz.
Why would you want 1ms from a TN when you can have it from an IPS with true 98% wide color format DCI-P3.

Insanely low input lag.

That is some perfect DCI-P3 score. When I looked around the QLED tech, I couldn't find anything comparable to it and its color reproduction, since it was the closest to OLED's color reproduction LG and others had, but LG also employs its Nano Cells for some of displays, and maybe your IPS has similar technology.

I thought QLED is the superior technology, besides OLED. Since Samsung kind of gave up its OLED line for QLED new tech.
I tried to do a comparison with an oled from smartphone, and even if is older generation, it still seems ahead of the QLED to me.

How did you find that monitor? I thought those ips are for professional use, but that one also has 165hz which is suitable for games.

Back