IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

rajeshp216

This is the Error code showing in the system information -> problem devices-
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76D1&SUBSYS_10280508&REV_1002\4&56676E8&0&0001 This device cannot start.

please help me . im wasting lot of time for getting IDT high definition audio codec,

im using Dell Vostro 1550/XP/32bit

I'm facing an error message as
The device cannot start (code 10)
please help somebody
thanks

Hi dear,

I tried both. still same issue.
Even I tried with KB888111.exe hot fix also. no improvement.

Could you please tell me if the solution is there or not for this.

Hmmm.. Did you downgrade to XP? In any case, Dell ftp lists 2 audio drivers for the Vostro 1550. One of them is for XP. Give it a try

http://ftp.dell.com/Browse_For_Drivers/Laptops/Vostro/Vostro 1550/#Audio

/* EDIT */

First, go to Add/Remove Programs look for any Sigmatel/IDT audio driver entry. Then try the driver from Dell ftp site

Hi dear,

Even I tried with KB888111.exe hot fix also. no improvement.

Could you please tell me if the solution is there or not for this.

I don't know if there's a solution. The best I can do is suggest things to check that might cause that driver not to start.

Look in Device Manager under System Devices. Do you see an entry for MS UAA Bus Driver for High Def Audio? Plus you should not see any yellow icons displayed on that entry.

Only other thing I can think to check next, are checking filter drivers. But first tell me what you see for MS UAA entry in DevMgr.

/* Edit */
No need to quote me in replying to my posts

I don't know if there's a solution. The best I can do is suggest things to check that might cause that driver not to start.

Look in Device Manager under System Devices. Do you see an entry for MS UAA Bus Driver for High Def Audio? Plus you should not see any yellow icons displayed on that entry.

Only other thing I can think to check next, are checking filter drivers. But first tell me what you see for MS UAA entry in DevMgr.

/* Edit */
No need to quote me in replying to my posts

This is the device manager in my laptop. I tried around 50 drivers. I think this is the problem with the os. But I dont hav option to go windows 7 as my requirement. But I need sound drivers.

Rajeshp216, as LookinAround has already stated, when replying to the post just above yours there is no need to quote it.

dm.bmp
dm.JPG

OK. That looks good. Next thing to check

Click Start->All Programs->Administrative Tools->Services. Then scroll down to the Windows Audio service. Verify it shows Status=Started and Startup Type=Automatic

/* EDIT */
p.s. I recall you said you tried both drivers. But I want to make sure THIS is the driver you currently have installed while we're testing (as it's the only one Dell said is for XP). If you're going to reinstall it, be sure to first uninstall anything related in Add/Remove Programs.

I tried as you said , I removed all the audio drivers which were previously installed only that driver u mentioned (R302718.exe) .
It was installed and while I'm trying to start the audio service , it is saying as below

and finally..
dm3.JPG dm2.JPG

please swap the images , I have already faced these before only.

Hmmm.. that's a driver service that won't start.

[FONT=Arial]Let me see all your services. Follow these instructions to[/FONT][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial] Report the services that run on your computer[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Then open Device Manager, right click the IDT Audio Device->Properties->Drivers tab[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]> Use the pull down menu to select and view the Class Upper[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Filters and Class Lower Filters. Does it show anything or are they blank?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]> Right click the Drivers tab. Click the Driver Details button. Can you take a snapshot of the list of files displayed[/FONT]

C:\Documents and Settings\sysadmin\Desktop\one.JPG
one.JPG

These are the files when I selected the driver file properties
And for classic upper filters and lower filters are blank only .

Attachments

• services.txt
    41.3 KB · Views: 4
I can't see any clear solution for your problem, but here's a few last things I can suggest to try
  1. Make sure you have the latest Intel chipset drivers installed, Intel Driver Update Utility
  2. Are you running XP SP3? Do you have all the windows updates installed (including critical, optional and hardware updates?) You should run Windows Update and click Custom. You can ignore optional updates for things list Bing Desktop and Windows Live but otherwise install all the optional updates. Keep re-running Windows Update Custom until it says no more updates
  3. Look at Services for the entry that fails to start. Look at its dependencies. Are all of its dependencies started? (If not, that would also be a reason the service won't start)

I wish I could provide more help, but at this point I'm out of ideas. Sorry. :D

If you find a solution to your problem, please post back and let us know what you did. G'luck

Hi Rajeshp216,

Error Code 10 may be generated due to incompatible, outdated, or corrupt device drivers. Another possibility is that the device was not designed to work with the particular version of Windows that you are using.

On the Dell Support Website, you would see that there are no Windows XP drivers available for the Dell Vostro 1550 and only drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 8 are available for this computer. This can be checked by clicking on this link: http://dell.to/16bjTnd

If you still want to install audio drivers for Windows XP, you may click on the link below to download and install audio drivers relevant to Windows XP for IDT 92HD87B1. We recommend you backup important data on an external storage device prior to updating the driver.

http://dell.to/1d4JVkA

However, your Dell Vostro 1550 may not be compatible with Windows XP and Dell recommends you revert to the original Windows Operating System your system was shipped with, to avoid further compatibility issues.

Please keep us posted on the results.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Babita G[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]#iworkforDell [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Support Site[/FONT][FONT=Arial] .[/FONT]

I spent hours on this problem with an HP netbook and want to share the beguilingly simple solution I found. Hundreds of people have had the issue with various computers, often when downgrading to XP, as I was, and most threads about it are locked, meaning that new solutions are thin on the ground. I tried everything in this article to no avail. XP drivers for VEN_111D&DEV_76D1 would install, but gave error 10--including the one that the new hardware wizard optimistically downloaded for me when I rebooted. HOWEVER, installing the Win7 driver for the precise model of computer (HP don't offer XP drivers, of course) on XP did work--much to my surprise. So, if there is no XP driver, just try the Win7 one: you may be lucky.

Back