IE popups from FIREFOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problems described in a previous thread with the same title.

I'm constantly getting IE popup windows even thou I only use Firefox.

I tried everything that is described on the threads "How to remove Trojans and its ilk!" and "How to remove Begin2Search/Coolwebsearch and Other Nasties" but I'm still getting the popup windows. My computer also gets slower after some time and when I run "Spybot" and "Ad-aware" they allways catch a dozen or more spywares.

Can anybody gives me a clue on what I can do?

Attached is my last HijackThis log.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

Thanks for your reply.

I did as you said.

Before doing it, I even went thru the initial process as I mentioned in my initial post.

This time, running Trend Micro Scan, one virus was found but could not be deleted. The virus name is adw_inetspeak.a.

The rest run with no problems.
Attached you have my last "HijackThis" logfile.

Two more points that may help you help me.
First, after few minutes, Firefox begins to take up to 99% of my CPU.
Second, each time I run Spybot one problem is allways there. "Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify"

Any other idea?

Thank you for your help but it seems that nothing works.
I've been running the sequence of "vaccines" recommended in the previous threads daily so I can keep using my computer but the popups are allways back.
Now, when I run ewido I get 20 to 30 threats. When I run Spybot I get 2 to 6 threats. When I run Ad-aware, no threats at all. And when I run HijackThis, nothing needs to be fixed.

Attached you have the last hijackthis.log.

And I forgot to give my configuration: I have an AMD2500 with 1GB of RAM, running Windows XP with all updates in place. My internet connection is cable thru a D-Link D-604 router. And I have no Firewall other than the Windows one and the one embedded in the router.

What else can I try?

Log is OK.
Go here Read: How to remove Trojans and its ilk!
Do the scans, and try Trojan Hunter in there as well.

Then search for those online scans from Kaspersky, RAV, McAfee Stinger, BitDefender etc.

Get a software firewall from e.g. http://soho.sygate.com, install that and switch off Windows firewall. It's rather useless anyway.

If none of that works, you may either learn to live with it, or reinstall your PC.
Sorry, can't help you any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back