IM TERRIFIED! Please help me, my computer does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geno2k3

My new mobo caused alot of problems for me, read in https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic41321.html, the solution (or so i thought) was to upgrade from my 250w psu to a better PSU. Today i bought a 500w psu and thought that would have fixed the problem, but no. The moment of truth finaly came, i just installed the video card, hard drive, ect ect, and plugged in the power cord. When i put in the power cord, to my surprise nothing happend, and when i tried to press the power button, no effect, no fans moving at all, no noise, just seems like a dead cpu. PLEASE HELP ME, im afraid i wasted alot of money and im scared this computer will never boot up.

I`m sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it looks like you`ve either got a bad mobo, or a bad cpu.

I think this was mentioned earlier, in your previous post.

Regards Howard :)

SAY IT AINT SO MAN!
the powersupply isnt working on both mobos, a vg33 intel mobo, and a emachines t2200's original mobo. PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SOLUTION.

Please, i beg you, thanks.

*UPDATE*

When i plug in the power cord, there is a case light, which means, power is flowing through from the poersupply > mobo > case. What does it exactly mean? my mobo isnt totaly dead!? IS THIS A SIGN? "Lights on but noones home?" , is this my "Light at the end of the Tunnel" Please, help me.

Take it to a computer store and see what they think. Compusa or Frys will fix it for a fee. Or try a different mobo or cpu. Good Luck. Wish I could help. I about to build my first and I'm scared something will go wrong. Best of Luck.

ooo i never knew frys offered free computer repair, tell me more. (BTW i went to the fry's in san diego and bought my 500w psu there.

I went to the frys website and no help or luck. Please tell me more about free computer repair.

i know my local pc shop will run you CPU in there cpu tester for a very small charge, (a couple dollars)

could be a way to determine whats wrong.

actualy the psu is working fine, i accidently didnt plug in the case connector plugs for my emachiens t2200 correctly. I found the mobo and its manual online and fixed it. Unfortunately the other intel mobo is still not working, my conclusion is i shorted it. Thanks for everyone who helped. This thread is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back