Integrated soundcard not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLope

When I turn on my computer I don't get any sound. I have a little red "X" next to the speaker Icon and it says there are no audio devices plugged in. I tried different speakers and they still didn't work. I figured it was my sound card so I reinstalled the drivers and it worked fine...for awhile. The sound stopped working again after a couple of days. When I tried to reinstall the drivers again the problem wasn't fixed. The weirdest thing is that this doesn't always happen. Yesterday when I i booted up my computer it worked fine. But today the sound is all messed up today. This has been going on for about three months Please help me. I have NO idea what I am doing.

you need to start by supplying more detail about your system, eg. computer make/model, Windows OS, Service Pack level, etc

/* EDIT */
My apology! I see you have System Specs!

It appears you have burned out that unit. You might want to install a heavy duty sound card, and disable this one in the Device Manager.

apologies. just after posting i noticed your System specs.

A couple thoughts
1) Update to Vista SP2
2) Download Serviwin. When it opens click View->Services. Look for the Windows Audio Service. It's Status should=Started. If it's Status=Stopped that would also be a clue to your problem
3) If related to Windows Audio service (and even if not) since your problem is intermittent is also possible is a side-affect of a malware infection. It may be wise to be cautious and rule out malware. Click here for Virus/Malware Removal Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back