Intermitent BSOD during internet video playback or avi playback (Win7 Pro 64)

I built a PC in August and it runs very fast and plays games, videos and audio without issue. However, I have been getting occasional BSODs during youtube playback or when playing a video from my hard drive, even if I played the same video moments earlier without issue. I have updated all drivers windows updates, memtest to check ram but nothing seems to explain my PCs sudden desire to BSOD me.

I would be very very grateful if someone would have a look at some min-dumps for me and see if they can identify the issue as I have reached the limit of my computer diagnostic knowledge.

Attachments

• System crash files.zip
    180.5 KB · Views: 2
How many Passes did you allow for Memtest? I read your five most recent dumps and the were all of the same error as described below...

Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dumps simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, corrupted memory, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

* Anything overclocked? If so set your hardware to factory specs.

Thank you for your reply. My system spec is as follows:

i5-2500K
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
GA-Z68XP-UD3
120GB SSD Corsair Force Series 3
Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Sapphire 6950 HD 800MHz 2GB x2
Samsung BD-Combo
Xenta 800W 80plus PSU 13.5cm Fan

My current overclocking settings for the CPU are:
CPU ratio (x44)
Clock control 100.5
Memory multiplier 16
Load Line (7 out of 10)
CPU Vcore 1.3v
QPI/Vtt 1.12v
System agent 1.135v
Dram Voltage 1.65v

Could my overclocking settings be off in some way?

First, very nice system. I am jealous! :D

As per the definition I gave overclocking is a main culprit in these errors. Again, set your hardware back to factory specs and let us know if doing so brings stability.

Back