IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error (Blue Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmonicsa

Tech Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000133, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80816468)

Can anyone tell me what this relates to? I didn't install any new software (that I know of)... I think this is a hardware issue, but I'm not sure.

Computer won't boot up to WIN XP at all. Comes to a screen where it says something a long the lines of "A recent hardware or software change may have cause computer to shut down improperly."

It then gives option to boot in Safe Mode, use Last Good Configuration or boot Normally. All of the options just send it to a blank screen and then it reboots, and comes back to the screen again. I only got the blue screen error to show up win I put in a WIN XP CD and try to do a repair install. Couldn't get but about 2 minutes into loading the XP CD when the blue screen came up.

-James

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hard drive.

I also recommend, that you disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Still can't figure out the problem. I took out the memory, cleaned it, and reseated it, same problem. I don't know what to do next. The Win XP CD gets me nowhere, and I don't have DOS on the computer, so I can't run a chkdsk or anything. Is there any way I can find out what these numbers (0x etc) mean so I can identify the problem...?

You need to test your ram using the memtest86+ programme.

Also, test your hard driver.

Click start/run and type cmd into the run box and press the enter key.

When the command window opens type. chkdsk /r /f and press the enter key.
^ ^
Note the spaces here and here.

You will see a message that says you acnnot run a disk check becuse the volume is in use blah blah. Would you like to schedual a disk check the next time you start your computer.

Type y and press the enter key. Now type exit/press the enter key. Restart your computer. The disk check will run. please note. depending on the size of your hard drive, this can take quite some time to complete.

You can find an explabnation of Windows stop messages HERE.

Regards Howard :)

i can't get into my computer to access any of that stuff. When the computer boots up it says 1026 MB RAM OK... is that testing the ram?

That`s only the post and isn`t really a reliable guide to whether your ram is ok.

Sorry I forgot you can`t get into Windows at all.

The memtest programme can either be run from a floppy drive, or from a bootable cd.

Instructions for using Memtest86+ are in the link I gave you.

I also suggest you run one of the hard drive utilities in this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

Blah

This is frustrating. I took my computer to a pc repair place and they told me the hard drive went bad. I ordered a replacement hd on the warranty and just installed and tried to install win xp and i got another blue screen error.

The tech info was different and is as follows:

0x0000007E (0xC000005, 0x80891BB5, 0xF7A253DC, 0xF7A250DC)

I don't know what to do now...

Had the same problem when i was installing my SATA HD. Turned out my HD was bad. Got a new HD and put it back in and got another stop error. Pulled one of the memory cards out of the slot and everything worked fine. That stop error could literally mean hundreds of things. But like previous posters said, check your HD and your memory.

I went in to BIOS and switched off some option that had to do with cacheing and switched another option to "internal VGA"... now after the post all that comes up is a blank screen with a cursor... I screwed it up even worse... GO ME!

Error solution

Hello

YOu need to change the memory, it is the memory causing that problem.

i got the same problem with my laptop, and i changed at least 4 type of memory

(brand) DDR Pc2100. Now it works.

My windows was working perfectly when one day i caught a virus and decided to reinstall my windows, then i noticed that problem.

i tried many memories brand. and i finally got one that is compatible.

You can still reinstall you windows, even with this problem. But you will need
another laptop or pc that has the use the same chipset.

All you need to do is just remove you hard drive and install it on the other laptop or pc then install windows. Once windows installed, remove it from the laptop or pc and place it back to your system. And complete your windows. It should work cause thats what i didnt before i got the memory.

And i tried to reinstall the windows with the new memory. and it works i didnt get that blue screen with the msg. But didnt reinstall the windows since i already installed it.

Good Luck

Any trouble email me: mnlcomputerltd@gmail.com
www.mnlcomputerltd.tk

Nash

I also had the same problem and went through all of the troubleshooting steps listed here. Figured out that it was caused by MusicMatch Jukebox. I uninstalled it and the error went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back