Is my power supply bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here is the whole story. I decided to upgrade my computer, after a year or so of ownership, with a new SATA hard drive and a second stick of memory. I plugged my memory in no problem, I believe. I am changing from IDE to SATA so had to switch a jumper to enable my MOBO's SATA interfaces. I first moved the wrong jumper and reset my CMOS, no big deal I booted into windows had both sticks of memory seen, and reset my clock. Upon switching the sata jumper and plugging in the drive, my computer would not boot, not even a beep to tell me I am doing something wrong. I backstep and unplug new drive and switch jumpers, no good. I take out new memory still nothing. All I get is my fans turning on, my drives turning on, my keyboard's light flash once but no beeps at all. I start removing pieces one at a time, still nothing. I take it all the way down to MOBO and power, still nothing. I break out my multimeter and test my ATX power leads. All of them look good cept my -12V which reads -11.48 ish. Is this the most likely cause to my problem?

Specs
MOBO ASUS A7N8X deluxe
PSU Turbolink 420ATX-12V
MEM Corsair D400 CMX512-3200C2
Processor AMD Athlon 3000+
Graphics ASUS V9520 Magic/T

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

The voltage tolerances are + or - 5% on the 12 volt line so 11.4v to 12.6v. You're almost at the lower end with no load. I'm sure a load would take you below the tolerance minimums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back