Is there anyone still using a Ryzen 7 1700 with ASUS?

10thDmenxn

I am just curious if any 1700 users were able to achieve anything over 4ghz, and pass stress tests. I have had mine at 4063 for over a year, but could not pass some of the harder tests. But right now, in my bios, my 1700 says it's clocked at 4023, but cpu-z says it's at 3983, plus or minus a few mhz. I have my Gskill FlareX 3200c14 ddr4 mem clocked at 3466mhz, with 14, 14, 14, 18, 36...
My sys is pretty fast for what it is, but I'm wondering if anyone has achieved more with this chip? Btw, I'm on an ASUS Crosshair Extreme mobo.

Stop trying to overclock that poor cpu to death. :/
It its hitting 4.0ghz all the time and will not go past that on your current mobo and ram.
That is its current limit for the time being...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/76z3li/amd_ryzen_7_1700_vcore_thread_for_37_38_39_40ghz/

I suggest you go for a MSI Board and start off with hyper x ram on your next rebuild.
MSI has better options to make that 1700 go a little bit higher without destroying it.
https://www.newegg.com/msi-performa...UzHyguYBPRnMEWPdEnYaAtEXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Im currenty running ryzen 1700 on an asus prime b350 plus. I'm stable on 3.5GHz with a slight underclock.

The MB I have has **** VRM so im not considering going above 3.8GHz ever.

You could consider trying a bios update if you haven't already that might help.

But I'll be honest 4 GHz requires some sillicon lottery on certain voltages. Dont exceed 1.35V. 1.4 should be the extreme limits.

as for Ram I was running 3200MHz on 16g Once I added 2 more sticks I was forced down to 2933. Just consider there are limitations to how hard you can push your hardware. You've hit a wall and without further tweaking to the voltages or clocks you won't get what you want.

Im currenty running ryzen 1700 on an asus prime b350 plus. I'm stable on 3.5GHz with a slight underclock.
The MB I have has **** VRM so im not considering going above 3.8GHz ever.
You could consider trying a bios update if you haven't already that might help.
But I'll be honest 4 GHz requires some sillicon lottery on certain voltages. Dont exceed 1.35V. 1.4 should be the extreme limits.
as for Ram I was running 3200MHz on 16g Once I added 2 more sticks I was forced down to 2933. Just consider there are limitations to how hard you can push your hardware. You've hit a wall and without further tweaking to the voltages or clocks you won't get what you want.

Thanks for your comment. I have an ASUS Crosshair Extreme mobo. So it's very powerful. I always have done my overclocking manually in the bios. But in recent days, I decided to use Ryzen Master inside the os to see how it compared. I started at 3.7ghz and 1.25 voltz and just went up in small increments. I was amazed when I got it all the way up to 4.1ghz and was only using like 1.38 voltage... But being the ***** we all become when having easy success, I decided to push it a little more, to see where it stopped, and it all came crashing down. And since then, I have tried to replicate it, but it will NOT!!!! I ran Cinebench several times at 4.1 and cpu-z and all looked perfectly fine. But then got greedy, and now I can't get it to do the same thing for the life of me... At the moment, I have it running at 4.025ghz and something like 1.42 voltz. And it's steady. But I am not getting the scores in Cinb15 that I was getting when I had it at 4.1ghz. Anyway, it was exciting, and took me on a serious run, that I didn't think it could. I'm running high 17k's on Cinb15 right now, so it's still running very strong. But, imagine if I could have left well enough alone when I had it at the top. Also, wanted to mention that my temps never went above 63 degrees. Now, my temps are hitting 70-72 degrees. That's still not bad, but not nearly as sweet as I had it. I do have a NZXT X62 Kraken AIO. But I will have to wait for the new Zen2 chips in early July to push further.

Thanks for your comment. I have an ASUS Crosshair Extreme mobo. So it's very powerful. I always have done my overclocking manually in the bios. But in recent days, I decided to use Ryzen Master inside the os to see how it compared. I started at 3.7ghz and 1.25 voltz and just went up in small increments. I was amazed when I got it all the way up to 4.1ghz and was only using like 1.38 voltage... But being the ***** we all become when having easy success, I decided to push it a little more, to see where it stopped, and it all came crashing down. And since then, I have tried to replicate it, but it will NOT!!!! I ran Cinebench several times at 4.1 and cpu-z and all looked perfectly fine. But then got greedy, and now I can't get it to do the same thing for the life of me... At the moment, I have it running at 4.025ghz and something like 1.42 voltz. And it's steady. But I am not getting the scores in Cinb15 that I was getting when I had it at 4.1ghz. Anyway, it was exciting, and took me on a serious run, that I didn't think it could. I'm running high 17k's on Cinb15 right now, so it's still running very strong. But, imagine if I could have left well enough alone when I had it at the top. Also, wanted to mention that my temps never went above 63 degrees. Now, my temps are hitting 70-72 degrees. That's still not bad, but not nearly as sweet as I had it. I do have a NZXT X62 Kraken AIO. But I will have to wait for the new Zen2 chips in early July to push further.
What is your actual use case of this Pc if I may ask?

Youre already pushing great scores at this point youre more or less trying to squeeze the extra juice for negligible return. Unless you do some kind of heavy encoding or hosting I'd just be happy with what you've got.

Unless this is your tinkering hobby then keep at it :)

I'm a scientist. So I run a little scientific software on it, do a lot of video rendering and other such things. I do need a MONSTER strong processor performance for my simulator, which is much more intensive than video games. But yes, I tinker like a hobby also. Actually I found a new config tonight, and got an 1808 on Cinebench 15, and a score of 4027 on Cinebench R20. All the while, the temp never exceeded 73 degrees. So I'm pretty happy with that. If I had to put it all down to one thing, as a reason why I work on getting the most I can out of my R1700, it's because it continually teaches me something new about how these electronics work. Cheers!

If what you said is true about the type of work you do.
You need a stronger, faster CPU to do your work.
Start looking at the ryzen 2600x series.
Also get quality type memory such as corsair at 16gb.

If what you said is true about the type of work you do.
You need a stronger, faster CPU to do your work.
Start looking at the ryzen 2600x series.
Also get quality type memory such as corsair at 16gb.

I think it would be much better if he went for the 3rd gen. Unless hes in a tight budget. As for RAM aim for 3200MHz at the very least, the corsair vengeance reliability hit these speeds although if you go higher than 2 DIMM slots you might find it hard to go higher than 2933MHz. Atleast I did.

Back