Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Before going through our new site poll, I wanted to drop a small note letting you know about a couple of changes on the site, first is that I have doubled storage capacity in our gallery section to 4mb (use it wisely!), also for the next few weeks we will be test-driving unregistered user posts in our news stories, hopefully this will attract more visitors to actually participate of the discussions and comment our news.

We have also posted a new poll asking for your opinion in our current site layout, although it's been up for sometime now and we eventually plan to move on on something better, we are still not there yet and wanted to get your present opinion on it. Our previous poll results are below, with the majority of users rejecting over 75% of their received mail, that sounds like a lot of bandwidth wasted!

How much mail do you reject/delete (is spam)?

Over 75% - 49% - 156 votes
< 10% - 19% - 60 votes
50 - 75% - 15% - 46 votes
25 - 50% - 10% - 31 votes
10 - 25% - 8% - 24 votes

Total votes: 317

"we will be test-driving unregistered user posts in our news stories, hopefully this will attract more visitors to actually participate of the discussions and comment our news"

A very useful option, sadly one cannot use quickreply unregistered, as there will be no username submitted to the database, resulting in an error. You might want to see if that can be fixed, makes it even more attractive to post.

Yes, I noticed that when posting (unregistered) in reply to the ATI filtering news post.

I think it's a good idea to let guest post in the news threads, but not quite sure if the quick-reply box is needed.

It does add one more step for our guests to post, but that also makes spamming the forum harder, which is allways a good thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back