K7 Triton GA-7VKML - Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
The display on a computer with the above motherboard has gone all flickery and fuzzy. At present is uses the on board graphics. I have swapped the monitor and cable and the flicker remains - I have thought about a new graphics card for the AGP slot but have a couple of questions:-

1.Is a new graphics card likley to resolve this issue

2.Will any AGP card work (its XP) ? - Or are there generations of AGP.

3.Not a games player - so any recommendations of a cheap easy to install , AGP card would be appreciated.

1.) Yes with a question mark. Theoretically, you could always just return a card if it doesn't fix it.

2.) There are generations of AGP, but pretty much everything floating around is 8x. I really wouldn't worry about it.

3.) Just about anything still on the market for AGP is going to be decent. I didn't follow Radeon very well, but on the NVIDIA side, I would personally look for 6200 or higher. (Bigger number = better card, more or less). Here something half-way decent-looking that's currently less that $40. I've never had much trouble with video cards. Plug in, install drivers, life is good. You might have to mess with the bios to disable the on-board graphics, but you have to deal with that no matter what card you install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back