Laptop refuses to install Windows Vista

Hi

My laptop is a fujitsu siemens esprimo mobile v55
Trying to install vista home premium from a recovery disc which ive used plenty times on this laptop.
due to it BSOD'ing 24/7 i decided to wipe it.
about 5 mins into re installing windows i got the BSOD again and now when i try to boot i either get a message saying disk partition successfully cleared the disk and then it crashes and restarts or it says disk drive not found
90% of the time it wont load the disc up my disc drive just makes the sound as if its spinning up then stops again.
after this i tried to DBAN it and that doesnt even finish it just sticks on a black screen with i386_start_kernel

Any idea's on how i can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like it might be a harddrive issue. What is the make of your harddrive and do you have access to another system?

Hi Floppin,
Just go to the Computer shop and buy you self a new HARD DRIVE, hook it in and you are good to go....
Hope that helps...

erm i have no idea what kind of hard drive it is anyway to find out without opening my laptop? and yeah i have access to another system luckily :)
im now getting BIOS shadowed and cant enter setup + it wont boot discs now :/

The hard drive in it is less than 2 months old surely i shouldnt need a new one already?

UPDATE
Took my hard drive out its a western digital scorpio blue SATA 250gb

Western Digital makes a harddrive diagnostic utility that is free. I suggest running the utility on your harddrive. Make sure you especially run the long test.

Back