1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Lenovo introduces the ThinkVision M14, a 14-inch portable USB-C monitor

By Shawn Knight · 5 replies
Feb 26, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I’m a sucker when it comes to screen real estate – the more, the merrier. It’s why I use a 40-inch 4K television as my desktop monitor and one of the reasons I prefer desktops over laptops. With Lenovo’s latest offering, however, you can get the best of both worlds – portability and real estate.

The ThinkVision M14 is a portable monitor meant to complement your laptop’s primary screen. It features a 14-inch full-HD (1,920 x 1,080), IPS display boasting 300 nits of brightness. The monitor measures 4.6mm thick and weighs just 1.3 pounds so it shouldn’t add much heft to your travel bag.

Lenovo isn't the only player in the portable screen game. The Lapscreen, showcased at CES last month, is available for $200. LG also showed off its 27-inch Neo Art portable display at CES last month although it's only a prototype right now.

Lenovo’s ThinkVision M14 launches in June 2019 for €229, or around $260.

Thumbnail courtesy Gil C via Shutterstock

Permalink to story.

2. Plutoisaplanet

Plutoisaplanet TS Booster Posts: 92   +71

The real question is how much battery will it use?

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 4,416   +2,963

Portable monitors should use the new foldable displays tech. Even a good 32" 4K display then could become a mere book-size.

4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,305   +3,711

Certainly not bad but considering the current state of technology it would be far more impressive if it was a fold out to, say 28 or 36" ??

5. toooooot

toooooot TS Evangelist Posts: 769   +378

Why so expensive?

6. Capaill

Capaill TS Evangelist Posts: 881   +485

Give me one that can also work off an Android tablet. And the cable should have a separate port for plugging in a standard charger.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...