Logitech G413 Keyboard Review: An Affordable Mechanical Option

Last time I went to a cheap PC shop, regular keyboards were sold for $9.

It helps knowing the prices rather than seeing the ambiguous "affordable".

Some people consider changing the car every month an affordable option.

Last time I went to a cheap PC shop, regular keyboards were sold for $9.

It helps knowing the prices rather than seeing the ambiguous "affordable".

Some people consider changing the car every month an affordable option.

Mechanical keyboards though. Granted you can find them cheaper than $80 still.... but I'd never try to game on one of those $9 keyboards you are referring to. I did it for years, until finally I realized what I was doing.

The Rosewill mechanical keyboards have been around for awhile, sure... maybe not quite as flashy, but not all of us are on board with this RGB fad.

No redundant RGB bling on something labeled as a gaming product? Bummer. Sales just went through the floor.
Logitech could've at least touted the aluminium as "aircraft grade", that could help a bit.

No redundant RGB bling on something labeled as a gaming product? Bummer. Sales just went through the floor.
Logitech could've at least touted the aluminium as "aircraft grade", that could help a bit.

They did throw in the word "carbon."

lol

USB cord is hardwired in. This could have also helped their sales had it been removable. Having a keyboard with a disconnect USB cable is pretty nice, though not a deal breaker.

I bought my logitech G15 in 2005 for under $40 when the local compusa closed down. Still serves me well with no key issues or even fading. I've played with mechanical keyboards and they are great but I don't see where spending an additional $40-50 would improve my personal gaming/PC experience.

I read it twice but did not see a reference to aircraft grade aluminum. That standard has been misquoted quite a bit over the years and it's cost would generally prevent use in a keyboard body. I liken it a bit to people refering to electrostatic copiers as "Xerox Copiers" because of the name familiarity.

All of that said, it does look pretty good and worth further investigation!

I read it twice but did not see a reference to aircraft grade aluminum. That standard has been misquoted quite a bit over the years and it's cost would generally prevent use in a keyboard body. I liken it a bit to people refering to electrostatic copiers as "Xerox Copiers" because of the name familiarity.

All of that said, it does look pretty good and worth further investigation!
I didn't see it quoted either, I was just being sarcastic about marketing hyperbole in general. Yeah the kbd does look decent and functional. Being a Logitech product, you can rest assured it's not a pile of junk either.

They did throw in the word "carbon."

lol

USB cord is hardwired in. This could have also helped their sales had it been removable. Having a keyboard with a disconnect USB cable is pretty nice, though not a deal breaker.
"Carbon" can allude to the colour. Yeah, a removable cable would've been a nice touch for a lot but personally doesn't bother me in the slightest, I prefer mine fixed anyway. I also like the fact that it has per key backlighting, it's something I appreciate, especially with the fluctuating natural light in my study and the colour, any colour, wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either. On the whole, I quite like the keyboard and would most certainly give it the once over if I were in the market for one although I would like a wrist/palm rest chucked in.

Tried the Romer-G switches. really not a fan. like you said, it has too much of the old school rubber dome feel to it, and not enough tactile feedback. even with Cherry MX Red, which I would consider to be the least amount of tactile feedback with no click, it still has that tactile impact when you bottom out the keys. the Romer-G just feels like an overly expensive rubber dome keyboard with backlighting.

I've also tried MX Blue and Brown. Blue has the best feedback for typing but can be annoying to others and loud when you're in an enclosed room. Brown although more quiet than Blue, just feels heavy and not quite as satisfying as Blue. I currently settle for RED for the fact that I still get the bottom out tactile impact, with least amount of noise, and faster typing speed than Blue and Brown due to the lack of initial click.

Here is a great mechanical RGB 10 keyless keyboard for $50:
Redragon K552-RGB KUMARA RGB
The brand also has a full size version.

You know we hear this spin on all kinds of products. At $90 this Logitech is a bargain? They are hoping you don't dig deep and find those bargains. Techspot proved it is working for the big companies. What a joke that Logitech and Microsoft control the basic keyboard/mouse market in big box stores, and Corsair, Razr ect for gaming keyboard/mouse. The same goes for about anything. I was just looking at tube amps, and the common word is that you have to spend BIG money to get quality, when after digging I found a super quality nearly equivalent with Musical Paradise brand. It's a shame how the system favors the huge companies, and I'm sick of it. There is nothing we can do though until Jesus comes...and he's coming.

Edit: I have the bargain keyboard linked above, but I'm returning it and paying the piper (corsair) because theirs has a volume wheel and backlit media keys. I'm way overpaying, but that's my choice. Other than that, this Redragon is great.

Last edited:
Pick up a Motospeed CK104 for under $50 if you want a decent quality mechanical keyboard with Outemu Blue switches and great RGB lighting. Probably the best buy in a mechanical keyboard around today. I purchased mine on Amazon.ca for 42.99 CAN and have not regretted the purchase. Much better keyboard than this Logitech which looks like a poor copy of the CK104. And no bloatware required to adjust the keyboard lighting either.

It's a little fugly compared to my G105 that atleast has the G-keys and blue back lighting this has nothing in common with a G series keyboard from Logitech

Here is a great mechanical RGB 10 keyless keyboard for $50:
Redragon K552-RGB KUMARA RGB
The brand also has a full size version.

You know we hear this spin on all kinds of products. At $90 this Logitech is a bargain? They are hoping you don't dig deep and find those bargains. Techspot proved it is working for the big companies. What a joke that Logitech and Microsoft control the basic keyboard/mouse market in big box stores, and Corsair, Razr ect for gaming keyboard/mouse. The same goes for about anything. I was just looking at tube amps, and the common word is that you have to spend BIG money to get quality, when after digging I found a super quality nearly equivalent with Musical Paradise brand. It's a shame how the system favors the huge companies, and I'm sick of it. There is nothing we can do though until Jesus comes...and he's coming.

Edit: I have the bargain keyboard linked above, but I'm returning it and paying the piper (corsair) because theirs has a volume wheel and backlit media keys. I'm way overpaying, but that's my choice. Other than that, this Redragon is great.

I recently acquired the Redragon K551 and I like it very much for only $42.

Back