Looking for device drivers to reinstall Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sony vaio PCG-7Z2L. I recently decided I wanted to get rid of vista and install XP, but in my haste I deleted everything on my hard drive. In order to install XP I need to install drivers but I dont know what chipset I have and I cant run the programs mentioned in other threads because my hard drive is completely blank. How can I find out what chipset I have? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

thanks

thanks for responding so quickly, damusca! unfortunately Im not quite sure what Im looking at here. I dont see anything in here that tells me how to find my chipset. Any further suggestions? thanks again!

Intel® P965 Express Chipset Overview
Intel P965 Express Chipset, combined with either the Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Pentium D processor, deliver incredible performance.
www.intel.com/products/chipsets/P965/index.htm - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

This is the chipset for your laptop, if you click on the link you will hopefully get all the info you need on it.
David

esupport.sony.com

Alternatively go here, enter your laptop details and you will get the manuals re info on motherboard, chipsets etc you require, seems to be a few versions associated with your model number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back