MSI Ti4800se - Bootup problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilC2005

Hi, I recently got myself a second hand MSI GeForce 4 Ti4800se off ebay, unfortunately when it arrived the heatsink was all blocked up with dust and the fan did not work, I cleaned out the heatsink and taped another fan to the front of it. I then checked the airflow and that was ok so I put it in my motherboard, this card is an AGP 8x and my motherboard only supports AGP 4x but I assumed this would be ok. But on starting up there are lines down the BIOS screen, the display flicks off and comes on again every few seconds and it freezes on the Win 98SE startup screen with weird colours and flickering, I left it there for an hour and it did not change! I then replaced the card with my old Matrox G100A AGP 1x card and that still works fine!!!

My Computer is:

GA-7ZX Rev. 5 Motherboard
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1400
256MB PC-133 RAM
Win 98SE

Help!!, Please! :eek:

Found it, the heatsink wasn't actually touching the Core, there was at least a millimetre between them, I hope I haven't cooked it.....

Does anyone know of any good replacement coolers for this range??, if the card still works I am planning to do a little overclocking.....

Ive got a gainward geforce4 ti 4200 and an msi geforce4 ti 4600 and i replaced the stock heatsink with a vantec iceberq4 PRO and it works a treat for overclocking.

If you buy this fan make sure its the pro version and not the standard version
and also when fitting it you may notice the wire coming from the fan doesnt fit the power socket on the graphics card. This is because it connects to the system fan socket on the main board.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back