My Ram Speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher2006

hey....i bought my new pc and a Gb of Xms Corsair Ram pc3200....when booting up it said 400mhz dual speed because its 2x512mb sticks....i wanted smoother gameplay in BF2 so i bought 2 more 512mb modules of the same type so now i have 2Gb but my m8 told me there not all running at 400mhz and it would be better to just keep the 1gb? is this true is there anyway i can find this out

thanks

Im perty sure that if you run 4 sticks of ram that you will have to run them at 333mhz insted of the full 400, whitch imo will hurt you in gamming, i think its better to stick with 1gb of ram in duel channel mode at 400mhz, BF2 doesnt use much more then a gig of ram unless you max out all settings, you can check your bois to see your ram speeds, you enter bios by striking the F2 or DELETE key at start up

best of luck

What if at the start when the Pc is booting up....it says 400mhz? does that mean only for the 1Gb of Dual Ram

you can get a programee CPU-Z that will tell you all of the info about your ram and cpu, look under the memory tab and it will tell you the speed

looks like it is runnig in duel channel,
i thought that amd's cant run with 4 sticks in duel channel, but it looks like it is their

btw is BF2 running smother then it was with 1gb ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back