Need some comments on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the pc which I am buying, tell me if it's good - I mean if it's a balanced pc and there's no bottleneck.

AMD Athlon XP 2000+(ThoroughBred)
Abit KXT333 DDR
Apacer PC2700 DDR 256mb
Maxtor DiamondMax 80gb 7200rpm
Sony 1.44 FDD
Abit Siluro OTES GF4 Ti4200 64mb
Hercules Fortissimo III
Yamaha CRW-F1
Lite-On LTD163 16x DVD-ROM
Microsoft Natural, Multimedia Keyboard
Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue
Creative Inspire 5.1 5300
Viewsonic E70f, 17", 0.25dp, Perfect Flat, 1280x1024NI

For about USD 1115

I really don't know about the 5.1 speakers,
if I have room for them? I need to get some stands too right? If I do'nt get stands then I'll have to screw them on walls and make holes in them? I really don't know -

I really need some help in how to set up the speakers. How do you put the front left right speakers? do you glue or stick them with tape? if you just put it there it'll topple easily right? what about the wires? aren't they a mess? I really don't know...

Need a little help :)
thanks all you pros...

Well, it seems quite nice :)

Just make sure you get a good PSU while you're at it...

Oh, and I'd change the ti4200 to a 9500pro... Considering it's DX9, and got a very nice speed increase with the latest Cat's from ATI... So it will last you longer than the ti4200 imo...

.02$

When you say you are buying this do you mean buying it pre built or buying the parts a building it yourself?

it looks like a decent system though if I were building an AMD machine today I would opt for one of the new NForce2 based boards like the Asus A7N8X the NForce2 is proving to be a fast STABLE chipset. something VIA has never been.

and I would OPT for the best 19" crt I could afford.

I bought my wife one of those new MS blue mice she loves it. I prefer the MS explorer 3.a

Re: Re: Need some comments on my PC

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Well, it seems quite nice :)

Just make sure you get a good PSU while you're at it...

Oh, and I'd change the ti4200 to a 9500pro... Considering it's DX9, and got a very nice speed increase with the latest Cat's from ATI... So it will last you longer than the ti4200 imo...

.02$

Yes, be SURE you get a good PSU. A 350W Enermax should do you fine, and I got mine for $53. ( newegg )

And yes, the 9500Pro is well worth it! Much more longevity, better performance, not too much more in price...definitely go for it. And yeah if you can afford it get a bigger monitor...You'll be surprised ;) 19" monitor + 9500 Pro...:eek:

Originally posted by charis
Sony 1.44 FDD

Man, there's your bottleneck! That's gonna be serious...

in benchmarks the Ti4200 64MB OUTPERFORMS the 128MB version because the 64MB version uses faster ddr ram than the ddr used on the 128MB versions.

Athlon 2000+ usually ties with P4 2.4GHz and sometimes 2.533GHz...

im not at my normal computer (and using dialup:( :( ) or i would go check other computers with that and see if the other components will match....

PS: im not much help am i...:rolleyes:

Yes it does, but not by much......by much @ all. They make it look like alot on the box, but numbers are VERY close! I'd ignore this.

i found a near perfect match with gateway , yours is cheaper of course...

comparing CPUs is never fair, they need different motherboards which affect the performance......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back