New problem, there is no video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK i can turn on my pc now but when i do all the fans turn and the fan on the radeon 9600 se turns but there is no picture on the screen. i know the video card works i put it in an other pc to check. so what could it be? Is it the mobo bad why is there on picture on the screen?

hook up speakers to your motherboard and the "post speach" feature (aka bitchin' betty) should tell you if anything is wrong. If you hear nothing keep pushing the reset button, sometimes it'll take 10-20 times to get anything out when you have serious problems. As was said in your other thread on your problems you probably have bad ram, if you have two sticks try one at a time in the slot next to the CPU.

yep, those beeps will be important. first off, try removing and reseating the AGP card, as it can be tricky to get properly seated. other than that, the memory could certainly be a problem, try other mem maybe. have you used a diff. video card in that exact setup? if not maybe it's a seperate problem, like a power supply problem or a motherboard problem...
-Krugger

Sorry if im going over old ground, but i did not see your other thread, have you checked the monitor?

tryed

i heard no beebs when i did what u said. also the light on the cd rom drive is on all the time.I know something is happing because the moniter dose not say it is not connected it just goes into sleep mode when i turn on the pc.

Word.

Did you change anything since your old problem on your rig? (BTW, can you mention what your old problem was for us reading this just now as well every step you took to solve that problem?)

One of the screws was touching the case make a short. ok so i hear no beebs when i take out the ram and turn it on.so is it the cpu or the mobo that is bad or is there something i can do to fix it

Hey, haveing the same exact problem with my comp as you, its not the screen because ive tested different ones, the video card is in right and everything else is perfect, on my cpu there is one prog on the outer rim bent down, i dunno if thats bad or not and dont want to mess with it because i will make it worse,

Also when i take the power cord out of the back of the screen, the screens led goes from the orange sleep mode to green, does this mean it has to much power?

Actually The A7N8X (and hopefully the A7N8X-X) talks to you as they post, providing they work well enough to run the BIOS routine. It will say "system failed memory test" or "system failed cpu test" Even with bad memory that won't let it do anything, if you pull out the CPU, Bitchin' Betty should tell you the CPU failed.

wow. i had no idea it really 'talked' to you. now i understand the bitchin betty part. i just assumed you meant some kind of beeps :)

Hodag are you saying you have a pin bent down on your cpu, if you have i would recommend straightening it carefully.

I had this problem when I first installed my 9800 Pro.

My problem was that I was overclocking my CPU, so when I set the FSB back to 100Mhz it worked fine :) (pentium3)

hey i did get it to turn on gor a sec and the i hit the power cord and it turnd off but now when i try to get it to start it won't. what could the problem be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back