No display from graphics card

My nvidia gtx 1060 stoped sending display. It showed it was getting power and the fan was on. My pc was running fine when my monitor went blank and it showed no input signal. When I took it apart and cleaned the gpu it worked for a week then it stopped working again. When I rebooted the bios it worked for a few seconds and went black again. Is my gpu dead or is there something I can do to fix it.

I had this same problem with my 1060. It could be the cable port, but if you cleaned it and it worked again, it seems odd that it has stopped. RAM could be the issue, but again, if it was cleaned and worked again, it wouldn't be the ram. Still, coincidences happen, so try checking that the metal connector pads at the bottom of the ram stick. They should be clean and they should be flat, straight, and intact. Sometimes the connector pads being dusty or dirty can make the display go blank because the connector pads can't send a signal.

Well, if you plug into the motherboard, you are using internal graphics. The internal graphics compute internally, but heavily rely on ram because they have no vram and they rely on the ram as their vram. If it is in fact the gpu, then using your internal graphics will work, but if it's the ram, then it will still have to be cleaned. I don't think the ram would be dead, because it came on for a few seconds and turned off. you can look up a guide on how to clean your ram, you need a pencil eraser to do it.

..and not all CPU have a built in graphics card so those connectors may not even function without a CPU with a built in graphics card. Just sayin'....

Back