No signal to monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night before I went to bed I was on my computer everything was working fine. I come back to use it this morning and my monitors aren't doing anything. The lights are blinking as if they are in sleep mode or something. I have tried plugging the monitors in to my laptop and they both work fine. I have tried another video card in my computer and nothing showed up with that one either. I got it to start up and had signal a few times but now don't seem to be having any luck at all. I also tried putting the video card in to the second slot that I have and that didn't work either. Would this be a motherboard issue or maybe a power supply issue? I'm running out of ideas here.

Thank you for any help!

More updates. Every once in awhile i can get to the Bios setup page and rarely I get it to boot all the way up with video. I've also got it to boot up several times with sound just no video.

I suggest checking the power supply. Can you substitute a known good one or at least another one?

which power supply you are using?

No signal problem can be caused if PSU is not providing proper wattage.

and please also state which graphics card u are using is it external powered or slot based?

Any further updates? Could you try the video card on another system to determine if it's working ok.

I have a evga 8800 gtx video card and now that I think of it I'm pretty sure my original power supply went out on me but that was about a year or more ago and I haven't had any issues with this one thus far.

I got it up and running last night at about midnight and I left it on over night.. its still working but im afraid to turn it off and boot it up again haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back