Nvidia 9800 GX2 Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a problem since installing my new GX2 card... Before i had an 8800 ultra and my games were running fine (ish, till i started getting that damn nvlkdm error) but now, for some reason my fps is great but when i play (crysis, warhead, airborne) the game stutters alot? if u dont know what i mean then basically, the fps is perfectly fine but the more i play the game it just detoriates in quality, not in terms of the graphics but it just keeps stuttering. stutter as in crashes for a mili second constantly. After posting on a website i was told that the problem is my PSU is not powerful enough and if i keep playing, my card will detoriate in quality. Is this true? I am quite convinced this is probably the case but i need some more expert advice. My set up is:

video card: gefroce 9800 gx2
cpu: intel core 2 duo 6700 @ 2.66 ghz
mboard: nforce sli 680
ram: 4 gigs
psu: 620watt corsair

could it be that my PSU is not strong enough to handle the card and leads it to overheat, leading to crashes and stutters? PLEASE HELP! peace!

they are approved by the manufacturer. I can't tell you that another PSU wouldn't work,but I can tell you, the ones on the list will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back