Only 250 Watt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Damn....250 watt max out put...that cant be good....will this be ok if i want to upgrade to better graphics cards ect.....? at the mo there is an ATI Radeon 9200 128mb in there (came wiv the comp) im looking on upgrading to the ATI 9800XT soon...will the 250 watt be ok to do that? i herd about u have to connect it to the psu cus it needs its own power suply....there is loads of unused wires coming out of the psu for extra DVD drives and hard drives...and there is even a space in there for an extra floppy drive...so i know i should be able to connect the card up...so the questipon really is....will the psu have the power to hold a ATI 9800XT.....

I know ill probably have to upgrade to go beyond the 9800(wen the next gen are released) but for now....am i ok?

Thanx

I believe that ATi will not stand behind their warranty if you have less than a 300W or 350W PSU(can't recall which), someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, as I know I read that somewhere.

ATI won't provide technical support if the 9800 Pro isn't used with a minimum 300w PSU (as specified in the system specs). Check the ati website for requirements for your particular card. However, that doesn't mean your card won't work, as that depends on your PSU and how many other devices you have installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back