Out of touch with latest hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatastrophE

Hey everyone.
I hope this is being posted in the right place, if not, I appologise.
Well, basically i've become a bit out of touch with the latest 3D cards available, and since i'm thinking of upgrading my current one, this is a bit of a drawback for me.
My current rig is:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
X800XT AIW AGP
1 Gig DDR 400 Ram
450Watt PSU
that should be all that is required in terms of information.

So basically I believe the only thing that needs a boost is the Graphics and Ram.
My Mobo takes PCI-E so that's not a problem, and my budget is rather high too, so I was wondering if anyone can maybe advise me on a good graphics card to get, my budget is around the 150+ mark, maybe a bit higher if necessary.
I was looking at a few on overclockers and Ebuyer and was considering either a high end x1800 or lower range x1900 of some description, but I thought i'd get a second opinion first.
if possible, i'd also like to hear some deals on good pairs of 512 Ram are reasonably priced (184 pin DDR400)

Thanks in advance everyone.

Matty.

Nice, that's what I was thinking.
Ive seen a few GT's that are of a good price and exactly in my barrier, can anyone recommend some good models or makes?.
Plus, is it worth upgrading yet?, nothing's going to come out and make me regret spending the money anytime soon is it?

Matty.

CatastrophE said:
Nice, that's what I was thinking.
Ive seen a few GT's that are of a good price and exactly in my barrier, can anyone recommend some good models or makes?.
Plus, is it worth upgrading yet?, nothing's going to come out and make me regret spending the money anytime soon is it?

Matty.
I don't think so. The 1900GT is good but make sure ur case has good airflow coz it gets really hot, really fast. And if u don't mind ur PC sounding like a leafblower ;). But it's a great card. Any brand is good. Which ones do u have available near ur place? Or are u gonna buy it online? Also, where do u live?

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
I don't think so. The 1900GT is good but make sure ur case has good airflow coz it gets really hot, really fast. And if u don't mind ur PC sounding like a leafblower ;). But it's a great card. Any brand is good. Which ones do u have available near ur place? Or are u gonna buy it online? Also, where do u live?

Right that's great to hear ^^
Im strongly considering the HIS ATI Radeon X1900 GT ICEQ 3 SILENT Heatpipe 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-057-HT)
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/X1900_Series.html

my case is the Aspire Xcruiser so it does have good airflow, and i'm sure I can live with the noise, what do ya think of this one then?

Matty.

I agree but then again, maybe it's that expensive only because of the taxes?
Otherwise, it looks great to me. Enjoy!:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back