Packard Bell MIT-DRAG-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

My laptop (Packard Bell MIT-DRAG-D) has not been taking any power from the AC adaptor, and therefore will not turn on. It has a smell of electrical burning when the AC adapter is connected. I sent it to a repair shop who told me they have resoldered the DC jack but this has not fixed the problem. They reckon that the problem is a fault in a power connector card that connects from the DC jack (presumably to the mainboard via a cable?).

My question is, does anyone have any information about these connector components? The repair technician says he can't find a replacement component and has recommended buying a second hand laptop of the same model to take the component from (sounds too expensive for me). He also mentioned that the card is around 2 inches square, and had 3 USB sockets(?) on it.

Any information on this component, or where I can find a replacement would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Where is the smell from? If the smell isn't from the laptop itself then it sounds to me like just the power supply brick is dead. Should be able to find a generic one if you can match the voltages.

The smell is coming from the laptop, not the adaptor. The adaptor has been tested with a voltage meter and is fine. The voltage meter also shows that power reaches the other end of the DC jack from the adaptor.

The voltage then does not reach the mainboard from the DC jack. Between the DC Jack and the mainboard is the connector card i mentioned in my OP. All signs point to this as the faulty link. It is replaceable but I have just not been able to find enough information about it to shop for a replacement.

Is a typical fault in these laptops i have 2 with this problem.The only way to fix it is to find a second hand DC board and replace it.The new one is very expansive because they now this fault and demand is big for this board.Take care to be the same serial number because if dont you spend the money for nothing.Somtime is fixing by resold the power DC conector but if is smell like burnnig is KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back