Page_fault_in_non_paged_area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Lou, welcome to Techspot...

The minidumps all point to "Pool Corruption"... Start by checking or replacing your memory.

Can you please post your system specs and where are you located? Update your User Profile

Memory is 1GB that came with machine. Nothing additional. I tried running ThinkVantage memory checking (runs under Windows). It passed.

It is impossible to properly check memory inside Windows. You have to run memory checking software before Windows loads, from a bootable floppy or CD

No floppy or CD-RW

This machine, which I got in May, does have a DVD/CD-ROM but doesn't have a floppy drive or a CD-RW. So I tried to put in a CD-RW taken from its predecessor machine (it's mother board got wet when basement flooded, but water didn't come close to drive).

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic87460.html

I guess I'll try to move the floppy from the predecessor machine over, or try to find someone with a dry machine with CD-RW to create the CD!

not bad memory?

So with some bumps in the road, I went to the bill gates & co. web site and downloaded a memory tester, built an ipl'able CD, booted my machine to run it, selected advanced-test mode, and ran it for two passes ... easily more than 30 minutes. No problems found.

Then I rebooted my machine which runs Apache, Tomcat, MediaWiki, and Maxtor backup...and perhaps just a few others. It crashed in less than 30 minutes.

My previous machine was WIN-XP single processor. This machine is WIN-XP duo core. I'm wondering if one of these applications doesn't understand duo core so well, and it results in what seems like a memory problem.

Is there a way to run single core on my Lenovo 8700?

7 passes (about 3.5 hours) of memory checking ...

Overnight, I ran 7 passes (about 3.5 hours) of extended memory checking using microsoft bootable stand-alone program with no failures. I rebooted windows, and my machine crashed twice today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back