PC won't power up, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello hardware gurus!
I have some weird problem. I took off the case from my machine. Then I replaced the floppy drive. The I connected back the power cable back. Once I did that the fan went "booo" and then goes silent (please note that i didnt even touch the power button yet). Then I connect the rest: keyboard and monitor. However, once I press the power button, nothing happens: no fans, nothing....
I'm so upset now. I need some really good suggestion/advice on the next step. Please assume that motherboard replacement will be the last in my list, because it's so pricey.

Reset your CMOS. Try again.

Why were you replacing a floppy drive?

Nobody worth listening to would suggest a motherboard replacement without many more details and troubleshooting on your part. So you don't need to tell us what we can and can't do.

This is rack server and has 3 power supplies, 3 vents and 24 harddrives. Motherboard would be sooooo costly.... I just hope that this is not the problem Is there any way that i can figure out whats up, down in this cae?

Sounds like BIOS was set to turn power on after a power failure, at least it would explain why you didn't need to press the power button.

Check the PSUs (weren't they redundant?) if they work - connect the green wire to any black and it should power on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back