Please help.. Possible Lsass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunochan

Hello. ^^ I Want to start off saying i have never asked for help like this before.
I've been a frequent on a computer for the past four years or so, but normally all i ever do is play games.
About a month or so back i got a error, and i do not know if this is important. But it happened while in the middle of a game, where as it only began to pop up afterwards upon restart and never in the middle of anything.
"Services and controller app has encountered a problem and needs to restart."

it also gives me the error number " -1073741819" i googled it and it said it was the lsass virus.
However after trying around 3 different virus scans and several ad scans, registry fixers. Nothing has stopped this.

In fact. it has gotten worse.
Now my keyboard doesn't work at all on my computer.
And after that several other very large things have begun happened.
I Cant download anything off the microsoft.com site, my auto-update ceases to exist. Also, by what i say..
"Cannot download anything from microsoft.com", I Mean it.. I get a error saying the server doesn't exist or something close to that.

After playing with some registry i managed to bring back my Windows Firewall. But only temporarily.
I Really don't know what to do and sense my computer does not have a CD burner, losing the things i have downloaded/collected over the time i have had this computer, would be very emotional.

But up this this point i have been rambling.
This is all i have tried to this point.

Nod32
Registry Mechanic
Ad Aware
AVG
McAfee?(sp)
Hi-Jack this
Symnatec?(sp) lsass removal.

None of these have fixed it or even spotted sign of that virus.

I'm on Windows XP, Service pack 2.

Also, if this helps at all, i either get this error, or i do not.
And when i do get this error. It makes me restart, and if i do not, the hardware wizard application starts instead telling me that it cant find the software installation for my mouse (Which still works.)
It also did this for my keyboard until it randomly stopped working today.

Please get back to me.. I'd really really appreciate it.

Sarah Keene, Michigan
(PS. This is one of my first ever posts for anything, i'm sorry for my informal request. or if i did something wrong, admittedly, i am very desperate.)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to our security and the web forum.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Kunochan only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi, thank you. i followed the link very closely.
But... even after that i encountered these problems... nothing has changed.. =(

I still got a service and app error, even after all that, needless to say.. i'm starting to become fatigued.

I have a theory that this is a hardware issue.
In my device manager my "Keyboard" tab is completely gone, it's also gone in my install new hardware thing... i'm really sad about this, please help... my keyboard wont work at all...

Also heres my hjt log and avg ad log.

Thank you so much for your help.
~ Love Sarah
p.s. Please help fixing me fix my keyboard the most..
this is soo hard with a on screen one.. ><.. Please...

forgot this. ^^

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Eset<This is the NOD32 antivirus programme. You shouldn`t be running more than one antivirus programme at the same time as it can cause conflicts.

Registry Mechanic

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

RegMech.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0

O16 - DPF: {CD995117-98E5-4169-9920-6C12D4C0B548} (HGPlugin9USA Class) - http://gamedownload.ijjimax.com/gamedownload/dist/hgstart/HGPlugin9USA.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic<Delete the entire folder.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfc_os.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Kunochan only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you soooooooo much howard!!

I rebooted my pc 4 times now, and not one Services and app issues.

Although... ; ;

My keyboard still is not working..it'll work at the begining of my computer turning on. (The num lock color comes on) but once that ends, it stops working completly.

while trying to find te proper hardware with the hardware installer, i get several
"Windows was unable to load installer for" so-and-so.
if you need morre details on this let me know,
also, when i go to my device manager, there is no "keyboard" tab..
And device installer doesn't pick it up... it's a usb keyboard, up until now i've been typing on windows On-Screen keyboard, really need help.

Also, i get this error while booting up.
"This application has failed to start because sfc_os.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Once again, thank you.. you can definitely count on a donation. ^^

~Love sarah.
P.s. if it's more easy you can contact me on AIM. My sn is Kunoichi Kitten

Your HJT looks clean.:)

For the keyboard problem, run scandisk then try booting with the keyboard in a different usb socket.

Okay!!! I wanted to say thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
I resolved my keyboard problem thanks to google and placing those clues together.
Thank you So much!! Very much!!
You guys are great ; ; I am truely touched!!
Thankk yuuu! ^__^

Though, i still have that problem upon startup stating
"This application has failed to start because sfc_os.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

And my hardware installer boots each time i start. D:
But, that's all liveable with, thank you. <3<3<3<3

~~~Much love
Sarah!
P.s. Thank you Soo much howard!!

Can you get to scandisk by going into your my computer then locating your hard drive and right clicking then selecting properties then tools then error checking?

If what rik suggested doesn`t work, do the following.

Click start/run and type sfc /scannow into the runbox and press the enter key(note the the space between sfc and the forward slash). This will tell Windows to scan for any damaged, missing or corrupted files and replace them as necessary. You will need to have your Windows cd handy.

If you have any problems with sfc /scannow see this article HERE.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back