possible to upgrade my op sys from win me to xp pro on an acer travelmate 201T

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialagent

hi there can any1 let me no if its possible to upgrade my op sys from win me to xp pro on an acer travelmate 201T i have a 4.63 g hd?
thx!

You need a bigger hard drive, very soon. The installation is going to take but at least half of it already and any programs you want to run on your system will eat up the rest.

You will need at least 15% free space to run defrag at the minimum.

5GB hard drive, and how much memory? 64MB? Intel Celeron 500MHz. If you can increase your hard drive to at least 30GB and Increase your memory to at least 256MB, you can run XP...

XP will fit on 6GB just fine.. Where did you get that 30 from?
256MB of RAM is a reasonable minimum.. 128 is a painful crawl.

You do need to free up as much space as possible before the upgrade. I'd say at least 2GB free.

XP will fit on a 5GB drive, but be realistic, a !0GB drive could be used, but with all the Microsoft updates for XP you wouldn't have much room left for programs or pagefiles. If the memory can't be upgraded realistically, XP should not be used on this minimal laptop

IMO you are better off buying a faster/newer system then upgrading this slow old one.

DO NOT buy a e-machine!!

Tmagic650 said:
XP will fit on a 5GB drive, but be realistic, a !0GB drive could be used, but with all the Microsoft updates for XP you wouldn't have much room left for programs or pagefiles.

Hum.. How about deleting the WIndows updates after they have been installed?

Besides, we don't know how what the computer is used for. You don't need disk space to play Solitaire :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back