PowerColor lists AMD's Radeon RX 6600 and RX 6600 XT on its website

midian182

Staff member
Why it matters: We’ve known for a while that AMD's Radeon RX 6600 and RX 6600 XT are arriving soon, and it seems their launch is imminent. PowerColor has listed both the cards on its website, though they don’t include details such as specs or specific launch dates.

VideoCardz spotted both of AMD’s unreleased products on the Taiwanese manufacturer’s website, suggesting an upcoming release. The listings come around two weeks after Gigabyte submitted six Radeon RX 6600 XT cards to the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) site. There was also a leaked photo of the card in May.

Image via VideoCardz

The Radeon RX 6600 XT is expected to be based on the Navi 23 GPU found in the Radeon Pro W6600 and RX 6600M mobile card, which would make it a mid-range offering that will likely go up against the RTX 3060. The GPU features up to 28CUs, 2,048 shaders, 32MB Infinity Cache, and 8GB of GDDR6 on a 128-bit bus. The card could feature clock speeds up to 2.9Ghz along with low power consumption of around 100W.

AMD boss Lisa Su previously said a reference single-fan graphics card from the Radeon RX 6000 series, supposedly based on the Navi 23 GPU, would land in the first half of the year. We’ve passed that point now, but signs suggest the RX 6600 and RX 6600 XT will arrive very soon.

Last week also saw what appears to be a marketing image (below) of the RX 6600 XT leak online.

Now’s a good time for AMD to launch new cards. The volatile graphics card market that has suffered availability issues and inflated prices for so long is finally showing signs of recovery, helped enormously by China’s crackdown on crypto mining that has led to used cards going on sale. We’ve also seen falling prices and better availability in Germany, more anti-scalping measures, Nvidia reportedly increasing its RTX 3060 supply, and declining average eBay selling prices.

Permalink to story.

Good luck getting one.

All I hope is that when the RTX 4000 series comes to market, Crypto cons are dead and made illegal so we never have to go through this nonsense again.

My 3090 FTW3 has been very good to me.

Given how consistently overpriced the 3060ti and specially the 3060 are due to their value for crypto It'd be really nice to have some competition.

What's less nice is just how bad the AMD launches have been for all of the 6000 series: they're all paper launches and yes that's even taking into consideration the state of the market due to miners AMD still had significantly less units overall floating around.

This is something AMD *could* improve this time around, but given their recent history at this point is more accurate to expect them to utterly botch the release and just assume the cards won't actually be available at retail at *any* price until 4 or 5 months after the "official release date"

Good luck getting one.

All I hope is that when the RTX 4000 series comes to market, Crypto cons are dead and made illegal so we never have to go through this nonsense again.

My 3090 FTW3 has been very good to me.

Who did you have to kill to get one of those? LOL

Heres hoping evergiven was fully loaded with graphic cards and finally on it way coupled with crypto crash, hash limiters and china graphics sell off and increased production create a price crash so can finally grab a mid-high end card without selling body parts.

Back