PUBG to ban 100,000 cheaters in a single wave

William Gayde

Staff

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has seen massive growth over the past few months but that hasn't been without growing pains. The game has been plagued by performance and optimization issues. As the dev team focuses on these, this has left more room for cheaters to exploit the game. In their latest community post, PUBG Corp has made it clear that banning cheaters is still one of their top priorities.

The dev team has been combing through gameplay data for 10 million players and has since discovered a new pattern of irregular behavior by certain players. This amounts to over 100,000 instances of cheating and PUBG has confirmed that these players were indeed trying to compromise the game. As a result, PUBG Corp has said that "these players will be permanently banned in a single wave." Although this is a large number, it still only amounts to less than one percent of all PUBG players.

Stopping cheaters is important but as long as there are competitive games, there will be people trying to gain an unfair advantage (and software developers happy to take their money). To address this root cause, the developers have been working directly with foreign governments to take legal action against cheat makers and distributors.

The system isn't perfect. There is still a bug in the deathcam that makes it appear as though a player has external recoil reduction when in fact they are playing legitimately. PUBG Corp will also be addressing this very soon.

Additionally, the game will also be getting gameplay updates to the blue zone. This includes decreasing the waiting time of the blue zones towards the end of a match, decreasing the speed at which the blue zones shrink and increasing the damage in the last blue zone.

Permalink to story.

And just ANOTHER good reason to avoid that game!

Not sure why you are so adamant about avoiding this game, it's possibly one of the best out right now in terms of having fun.
Did you not read the article? Cheating is just one aspect that is killing this game. Chinese flood all servers. TPP is basically useless with rampant cheaters and hardly no English speaking players.

FPP is far better but some don't even know about it or like it because they are use to TPP as that is how the game was meant to be played. FPP isn't perfect, still will come across cheaters but it's typically far less.

And just ANOTHER good reason to avoid that game!

Not sure why you are so adamant about avoiding this game, it's possibly one of the best out right now in terms of having fun.

I don't have fun. I just collect stuff for other players, my K/D is 0.03. Only anti cheat they provide is to report players but everyone seems like a cheater to me so should I report everyone? If it had better ranking system it could be fun, wouldn't mind waiting 30 minutes for a match if I could actually kill something. Got to second place with pacifist style, pretending to be a rock in the river but that wasn't exactly fun. Played over 50 hours so I tried.

So much of this game is just about jumping in with a few mates on discord and screwing around. The cheating is still around but really it isn't as bad as people are making it out to be.

My advise, grab 3 mates, setup voice chat, grab a beer and play some PUBG....... for a little bit of extra fun shoot near a mate with a silenced pistol just to screw with them.

So much fun!!!

So much of this game is just about jumping in with a few mates on discord and screwing around. The cheating is still around but really it isn't as bad as people are making it out to be.
My advise, grab 3 mates, setup voice chat, grab a beer and play some PUBG....... for a little bit of extra fun shoot near a mate with a silenced pistol just to screw with them.

So much fun!!!
So the dev saying cheating is a problem, BattlEye banning 1.5 million. The dev banning another 100,000 recently, so when does it become a serious problem? wake up from that fantasy. cheating is a clearly a big issue for this game.

So much fun!!!
So the dev saying cheating is a problem, BattlEye banning 1.5 million. The dev banning another 100,000 recently, so when does it become a serious problem? wake up from that fantasy. cheating is a clearly a big issue for this game.

Cheating is a concern absolutely, but it doesn't ruin the game as much as people make out.

There is no fantasy to wake up from, don't take things so seriously.

I don't like defending this game too much but actually, I played it for a few hours last night with a couple of friends. It really isn't that much of a problem cheating. I question whether some people just suck and consider more people cheating than there actually is. So many times last night I got the drop on people that I'm sure half the people playing this game just aren't using headphone's and can't hear me coming.

I don't like defending this game too much but actually, I played it for a few hours last night with a couple of friends. It really isn't that much of a problem cheating. I question whether some people just suck and consider more people cheating than there actually is. So many times last night I got the drop on people that I'm sure half the people playing this game just aren't using headphone's and can't hear me coming.
there is a rating system, if you dont play much its been reported that you dont get matched with higher rated players, so you wont see much. also the players that do see these are usually players with over 300 hrs but anyone can come across a cheater.

again though, saying there isnt much of a problem is nonsense. just look at the news on steam. A new hack has been found in pubg that a player can insta heal.

Once again for all the nay sayers, CHEATING IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM IN PUBG.

Cheating is a concern absolutely, but it doesn't ruin the game as much as people make out.

There is no fantasy to wake up from, don't take things so seriously.
say that to a player that spent money on a game. they have every right to complain and enjoy the game as it was meant to be experienced. cheating was NOT mentioned as part of the game experience. while not all cheating can be stopped but what is happening in PUBG can certainly be better controlled. the experience can be a whole lot better than what is going on.

I'm sorry @texasrattler you're wrong. I've got friends who play PUBG religiously and say they don't come across cheaters that often. I bumped into a cheater on BF4 this evening (Server admin perma banned him in the end) I've run into cheaters in Overwatch a few months ago and I've run into cheaters at some point in almost every multiplayer game I've ever played.

When I enjoy a game, I tend to play it a lot and get fairly good at them. PUBG has just as many cheaters as any other game, the reason it's been brought up so much is:

A) It became very popular, very quickly, everyone is talking about it.
B) There was an influx of foreign gamers who have a bit of a rep for cheating so there's something to blame it on.
C) The media seem intent on reporting on this game as it's such a major Steam "Early Access" Title.

If you do a search, you'll find games like BF4 and Overwatch all had their forums filled with "BUT THIS GUYS CHEATING!" at some point, normally when the games first released. PUBG is just getting reported on more by the media due to it's popularity. Plus PUBG's Devs don't handle PR as well as say, Blizzard :cool:

Back