Q: When do we need slipstream windows XP CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neowing

Dear TechSpot,

I want to create Slipsteream Winodws XP CD but I need to know when do I have to create it.

For example, I have a computer that had updated into XP3 but my original Windows xp was SP2. A few months later, my computer infected by virus and spyware. I want to format my hard drive but I don't want to back up saved data because I had 320GB hard drive that used 220GB. Fortunately, I can make "Slipsteream Winodws XP CD"

Here is question:
If I use infacted PC to create the "Slipsteream Winodws XP CD", is that safe ?
I mean if I make "Slipsteream Winodws XP CD" in that condition, is virus transfer to "Slipsteream Winodws XP CD" ?

It might not transfer (the virus) to your slipstreamed CD
But I wouldn't trust it (ie there's a chance it will)

You are best to have a clean system first, before creating any CDs (or DVDs)

i agree with kimsland and think there's limited chance the virus could transfer itself to a slipstreamed build. (Understand that the SP3 slipstream build is created mostly by a tool which merges a copy of your XP SP2 CD and the SP3 install from Microsoft?)

But more important, it;s not clear from your post why you want to create the SP3 build right now? You can reformat your hard drive with your XP SP2 CD. And you say you don't want to back up or save any of your current hard drive data???

Obvious to most techs is the fact that there is very little reason why you need SP-3 at all. Everything you need is included in the SP-2 routine updates and downloads.
Service Pack 3 only helps Microsoft... not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back