Ran 8 Steps to Stop IE Popups in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLNoodles

I found your site by researching something that happened to me 6 days ago. All of a sudden I was getting numerous IE Popups in Firefox at many websites.

Initially I didn't read the malware suggestions. I've now gone through the 8 steps twice. After the first time I noticed some improvement in my PC's performance. After the second run I seem to have solved the problem and my PC's performance has improved markedly.

Nonetheless, the log files have some indications of possible problems. I've attached the three files from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, SuperAntiSpyware and Hijackthis.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks,

- LiLNoodles

Attachments

• mbam-log.09.03.18 (00-44-44).txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.09.03.18. 06-04-15.log
    1 KB · Views: 9
  • hijackthis.09.03.18.log
    9 KB · Views: 13
Hello LiLNoodles :)

You have a file there looks suspicious, I´ll therefore suggest you have it checked.

Please upload and have this file scanned:
C:\Program Files\VISTA Computer Services\VISTA Client Services\vwinmsg.exe

Here:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/ - http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html

Post back the results

I also notice that you have viewpoint running ->

Viewpoint is considered foistware and is not needed on your computer.

Download and unzip to own folder on Desktop - http://bellsouthpwp.net/p/r/prprogramsstudios/viewpointkiller.zip

Run ViewpointKiller.exe

Reboot.

ViewpointKiller 1.2 FinalViewpointKiller does exactly what it's name says: Kills Viewpoint Media Player. Viewpoint Media Player is an adware that displays bandwith eating popup ads in IE and on your desktop. It comes silently with an install of AIM and will be reinstalled by AIM if uninstalled.ViewpointKiller fixes all of that. It takes off Viewpoint Media Player once and for all.

It looks like My suspicions about the file was wrong.

If you still have this folder H:\Program Files\MyWebSearch << Delete it

And, please tell how your computer are behaving ?

My H drive is the C drive on an older computer. The massive and massively heavy old CRT monitor broke, so I just use the thing as a file server. I really need to delete a lot of stuff on it.

Sometimes I'd like to be able to take full control of it but it won't since I'm not logged in as an administrator. Besides hooking the old computer up to a monitor, do you have any hints on how I can get into it?

My laptop, the computer I use, is behaving beautifully. It's performance is vastly improved.

If I understand you correctly, you will create an admin account on the older computer ?

To create an administrator account on a Windows XP computer that is not a member of a domain:
From the Start menu, select Settings, and then Control Panel.
Double-click User Accounts.
Click Create new account. Enter a name for the account, and then click Next.
Click Computer administrator, and then click Create Account.

If the computer are member of a domain:
From the Start menu, click Settings, and then Control Panel.
Double-click User Accounts, and then click Add... .
Enter a name and domain for the administrator account. Click Next >.
Select the radio button titled Other: , and from the drop-down menu, choose Administrators.
Click Finish, which will take you back to the User Accounts dialog box. Click OK.

What I'm trying to say (maybe not well) is that I can't figure how to control the older computer through the newer one. The new one is a laptop; the old one a desktop. When I got the laptop, I networked the desktop so that its C drive appeared as an H drive on the laptop. But I could still control the desktop via keyboard, mouse and monitor directly. Then the monitor died. This means I can store things on the desktop's C drive by way of using it as a networked drive (H) on my laptop. But I don't seem to be able to control it in any true sense. For instance, I can't get into its Control Panel or registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back