Random Freezes into BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind, all of this started last night at about 8 PM

So I was using my computer normally as I have been since I got it (some time ago), and out of no where it completely freezes up, nothing works. So I press the power switch, and after some time (pretty long, thought it was weird and worth mentioning) it turns off and I restart.

Everything seems fine, so I go back to what I was doing. Then, it happens again (within I'd say 30 minutes of the first one). I'm getting kind of annoyed now, so I restart it again and scan my computer for some bug. Nothing was found on my computer, so I'm thinking it must be a problem with power supply or overheating.

After a couple more freezes (longer intervals, though), I check my fans and they're all working, and I really didn't want to go through the hassle of checking my power supply, so I just turned my computer off for the night and tried it about an hour ago.

Today, about 10 minutes after turning it on, it freezes for a few seconds then slams me with the blue screen error. I do play computer games, but I don't just get it when I'm playing them; it happens when I'm on the internet (for example). I haven't reproduced the error YET, so I don't know what to think of it. Right now I'm booted with a past set up so maybe it was a bad installation.

Whenever my computer is about to go down, it makes clicking noises for a while before it does (the actual computer, not a noise on the internet or something), which actually makes me think it's definitely not some program.

I haven't gotten the error itself to pop up again (rebooted in last known working settings), but I still get the freezes. The error read more or less like this:

Your computer needs to be turned off to prevent further damage to your computer...Beginning Physical Memory dump now.

I will get a copy/paste from the log next time it happens.

Edit: I also don't get the BSOD every time it freezes, I've only gotten BSOD once and it's freezed I'd say close to 8 times. I've had it off for most of the day.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps; or as many as you have. If you only have one then so be it. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; but if you only have one or two don't zip them -- attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

werty316 -- that is a strong possibility but I am also wondering if it might be his video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back