Razer's Respawn drink mix is meant to heighten mental performance while gaming

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: Razer enters the crowded refreshment arena on the back of Respawn, a nootropic meant to heighten mental performance while gaming. Razer is far from the first company to focus on gamers as a primary demographic (remember Bawls from the late 90s?) but with esports taking center stage and gaming more popular than ever, there's arguably never been a better time to step into the market.

Razer ahead of E3 on Monday introduced a mental performance drink mix designed to support focus, reaction time and mental stamina while gaming. It’s called Respawn and is being marketed and sold under that name rather than directly from Razer.

Following the viral success of its Project Venom April Fool’s gag in 2010, Razer got serious about creating an energy drink for gamers. The problem they found, however, is that many drinks and formulations were focused on providing physical energy rather than heightening mental alertness. Razer was interested in nootropics, not energy drinks, so that’s exactly what they made.

Respawn is being offered in four flavors: blue raspberry, pomegranate watermelon, green apple and tropical pineapple. The sugar-free beverage features green tea extract, choline, vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12, ground ginger and 95mg of caffeine per serving. Each $24.99 box contains 20 individual servings, each offering 20 calories.

The Respawn insulated metal shaker is available to purchase separately for $29.99 (sadly for gamers, it doesn’t have Chroma lighting).

Respawn recommends mixing a packet with 16oz to 20oz of cold water.

Those interested in giving Respawn a try can purchase it over on Amazon and through Razer’s online store.

Permalink to story.

You could take a multivitamin and a caffeine pill and get the same effect if its just vitamins and some green tea extract (Egcg I assume, cheap also)

Price is way too high, $1.25 for each cup and its powdered?

1. Pump carbonated water full of sugar and caffeine.
2. Color the can nice colors and market as "improves gaming experience".
3. Profit.

Smelling salts and Peppermint do the trick and have been used for ages. Pushups and crunches between matches as well.

Show me an FDA certificate and I'll buy it ..... of course every other so called energy enhancer out there fails the same test so put your money back in your pocket, get a good nights rest the day before and eat a good breakfast (like your mom said, not cold pizza & a beer) and you'll be at your peak performance. (Oh, sorry Mom but I'm having my four cups of coffee anyway).

A prime example of "maybe read a post before you comment on it"
No sugar. It's a powder, no carbonated water (unless you put it in there).
Again, it's a powder - no can, just boxes and an optional shaker
3. Profit.
It's a Razer product - of course there's going to be profit! heh

A prime example of "maybe read a post before you comment on it"
No sugar. It's a powder, no carbonated water (unless you put it in there).
Again, it's a powder - no can, just boxes and an optional shaker
3. Profit.
It's a Razer product - of course there's going to be profit! heh
Who cares, just ask anyone who is going to gym to take a look at any "pre workout" shake or what ever you call it.
Take the cheapest "pre-workout" powder -> stick Razer logo on it -> $$$

It's a dumb product for dumb people ... GJ Razer, you found your target demographic.

Who cares, just ask anyone who is going to gym to take a look at any "pre workout" shake or what ever you call it.
Take the cheapest "pre-workout" powder -> stick Razer logo on it -> $$$

It's a dumb product for dumb people ... GJ Razer, you found your target demographic.

Haha, you'll get no argument from me there! I'm actually a little surprised that Razer isn't prominently featuring their logo and name on the packaging, to get a little extra brand loyalty sheep sales boost...

Show me an FDA certificate and I'll buy it ..... of course every other so called energy enhancer out there fails the same test so put your money back in your pocket, get a good nights rest the day before and eat a good breakfast (like your mom said, not cold pizza & a beer) and you'll be at your peak performance. (Oh, sorry Mom but I'm having my four cups of coffee anyway).
It sounds like this falls in the supplement category and, therefore, they have significant leeway without FDA approval.

They say to use cold water, it's because it will give it better taste. Room temp water isn't the best but cold water just tastes better. Add in powder, have a decent drink.
Same thing is almost done for all powders. Even when having a medical procedure done like upper gi they give you a barium swallow, that chalk nasty crap drink. If they give you water that's cold, not tap or room temp, the chalk taste is better.

I actually feel better not eating breakfast than eating a good breakfast (for some reason) and not everyone can sleep their 8/9 hours lol

[/QUOTE]
I actually feel better not eating breakfast than eating a good breakfast (for some reason) and not everyone can sleep their 8/9 hours lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" was a phrase introduced by Kellogg cereal company. They were trying to sell more cereal so they convinced everyone including doctors that breakfast was mandatory, and that the standard "Farmers breakfast" of eggs, sausage etc was Unhealthy.. Prior to this, most people didn't eat breakfast.

And now we are finding out that fasting is good for you, and eating a carb loaded bowl of cereal isn't. New craze now for breakfast is bulletproof coffee. Just a coffee with butter and some mct oil. Fills you up but doesn't slow you down like carbs do

They say to use cold water, it's because it will give it better taste. Room temp water isn't the best but cold water just tastes better. Add in powder, have a decent drink.
Same thing is almost done for all powders. Even when having a medical procedure done like upper gi they give you a barium swallow, that chalk nasty crap drink. If they give you water that's cold, not tap or room temp, the chalk taste is better.
Actually, cold hampers the taste buds ability to "taste".

Flavors, whether good or bad, gain intensity as its temperature rises. This is immediately apparent with ice cream, as it becomes much more flavorful as it liquefies. The opposite is true with pizza, as it is at its most flavorful when piping hot. Straight out of the icebox though, it's blech.

Warm Coca-cola is rather intense, and benefits greatly from being cooled and diluted somewhat from being iced..

The same is true with your barium GI drink, it has LESS taste as its temperature is dropped.

My taste buds say pizza cold/left over is pretty damn good. I don't like everything hot.

Ive had that barium drink, its not great. It's a lil better cold. As you say maybe the cold is taking your taste buds away.

Back