regestry problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

triiifashions

i just setup a new computer and i reformatted the old 20 g. hd then put the copy of windows back on and everything went fine till i connected to the internet and it pops up and sais i have 55 infected regestry items and i need to goto www.winregestrycleaner.com or somthing like that, then it boots me offlline

i put avast virus on there and did a scan and came up clean im not sure where to go from here??

any suggestions??

and thanks in advance

No, this is a software issue. It wouldn't matter what HD you use. If you formatted your existing one again and reinstalled Windows the infection would be gone. However, the software links I gave you may allow you to get rid of the infection without having to install Windows from scratch.

Try this and see if the popup goes away.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Messenger<This has nothing to do with MSN messenger or any other I.M programmes.

Close the services window and reboot your system.

Let us know the results please.

Regards Howard :)

That`s good news.

The Messenger service is a Windows service that virtually anyone can use to put popups/ads on your system. It`s nothing to do with a virus or anything like it. Why the hell Microsoft did this, I don`t know, but I would urge anyone to check to see if the Messenger service is running and disable it.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back