RGB no input signal

Gibster

Hi guys, I am totally stumped with this one so am coming for hopefully some help from someone with more expertise than me.

My little kids had an old PC which was running an old 1gb processor and 2x512mb ddr2, so I decided to take my old spare parts and give it an upgrade. So, I replaced the processor with my old dual core one which is compatible with their motherboard (also applied thermal paste), and also put my old 2x1gb ddr2 memory sticks in.

Upon booting up though, the monitor is giving me RGB no input signal. The PC itself "sounds and looks" fine on power on though, no beeps, all fans running including graphics card etc. I have tried the following:

Re-seated the gfx card
Put in a gfx card from another pc
changed motherboard
changed psu
attached a monitor from another pc
plugged monitor into on board graphics

All of the above = RGB no input signal

Somebody pleeeeeeeeease, is there something I am missing or something I have not tried yet?

Put the old motherboard with only the 2 512GB memory installed back in with your old CPU and see if the video returns

Hi thanks for the reply. I put the old motherboard back in, with the old 512 sticks, but with the new processor. Still same problem.
I will try a different processor, but the one I fitted should be working fine as when I took it out of mine I kept it stored safely in the packaging that the new processor came in.

Motherboards can be picky about what CPU's are used in them, and compatibility charts can be wrong many times...

Well the thing is it was my old motherboard/cpu combo which I was using before my own upgrade, so compatibility wasnt the issue

You tried another monitor but have you also eliminated the cable by substituting a different one?

Cable is hardwired into the monitor. I attached my own unit to the monitor and it works, so its something with that system.
im guessing the cpu somehow died while in storage, so ive gone and ordered a new one for it.

Thx for the suggestion, but no, just tried. hopefully itll be ok when I get this used processor I ordered

Back