Russia vs USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope you have a source/links to backup that statement.

I can`t say I`ve heard anything of the kind.

Is This what you`re referring to? If so, it seems you`ve got it a little out of context.

President Vladimir Putin yesterday declared that a new arms race and cold war with the west had begun and announced that Russia would retaliate against US missile defence plans in Europe by pointing its missiles at European cities.

Regards Howard :)

Oh my.
If he meant nuclear war by 'nuke', I'd prefer he did not actually have the source/links to back up that statement. It sounds horrible.

Regards,
momok :|

Looks like the 'bear' is getting grumpy again. Last time the rhetoric got this hot was when Reagan proposed the Star Wars defense system (SDI). The American/European surrender lobby solemnly intoned that Reagan's cowboy politics were going to start WW III. Of course, the end result of that gambit was the freeing of 700 million eastern Europeans from the crushing Soviet tyranny that they had endured for 70 years. Without a shot being fired, of course. Let's hope that similar good comes from this action, as well.

I think that Mr. Putin didn't mean what he said. He may have been a little angry at the time of the press conference, but I don't think that he would really mean that, as they depend on things in Western Europe as well as the United States as well. I'm sure his advisers and other government officials won't let him do what he wants to do :l .

Nobody is going to nuke anyone anytime soon. Its a problem for Russia because IF the US has a working missle defense shield then there isn't anymore 'mutually assured destruction' in the event of a nuke lobbing contest.

I don't think the US wants any extra tensions with Russia, and that the missle defense shield is with the intention of protecting from Iranian nukes or any others that could get launched from the middle east. Why there are plans for it to be in Europe and not Japan is a bit confusing to me, looks like North Korea is more likely to start launching the things than Iran at this time.

In any case, if this thread is going to turn into a foreign policy/government bashing argument it is going to vanish faster than a puddle of water in a nuke strike.

Japan recently agreed to bring in some of our Patriot missiles due to concerns about N. Korea. This was a big move for them due to their constitution.

hey; let's leave the story telling and the politics to the professional liers --
they do so far more effectively than the huttled-masses ever could.

i heard that amercian wanted to build there defence system in europe, and russia wasnt happy, so it said they would nuclear attack them, (i highly doubt it), but i heard from a good american friend of mine that this news hasnt even been heard of in some parts of america, also like when china shot down one of americas satelites, a different american friend told me he had no idea on what i was talkin about, thne he claimed the american goverment keeps things from them :S, this could be why half of you have no idea inwhich im on about...

You are mistaken, or have a friend that doesn't pay attention.

The missle defence thing has been on the news, and its all over the web.

There was no threat made of using nukes on Russia, thats an absurd comment.

Not being heard in some parts of America? What is that, this country doesn't have areas that know more than other areas, I can't believe you'd even think that.

All governments keep things from their people, but I think you are confused on how much and what types of information.

Half of us don't know what you are talking about because you are making ill-informed posts with no links to back up your wild accusations/claims. Surely if the rest of the world knew something happened and the US did not, there would be websites avaiable with such information.

I have to think your post was just a troll to get someone to bite, if it was congradulations, if it wasn't then it looks like the US isn't the only country that has stupid people.

SNGX1275 said:
I have to think your post was just a troll to get someone to bite, if it was congradulations, if it wasn't then it looks like the US isn't the only country that has stupid people.

LMAO! See this is why I voted for SNGX in the "wittiest mod" thread! :D

Lol if I hadn't been here longer I'd thought he was offended.
By the way, it's 'wittiest'. ;)

topps999 said:
i heard that amercian wanted to build there defence system in europe, and russia wasnt happy, so it said they would nuclear attack them, (i highly doubt it), but i heard from a good american friend of mine that this news hasnt even been heard of in some parts of america, also like when china shot down one of americas satelites, a different american friend told me he had no idea on what i was talkin about, thne he claimed the american goverment keeps things from them :S, this could be why half of you have no idea inwhich im on about...

That is because a vast majority of Americans don't know who their local congressman is. The ignorance they spouted is self-inflicted, not some vast government conspiracy. So whoever told you the above mentioned is someone I wouldn't trust taking out my garbage in fear they would lose their way.

cfitzarl said:
This thread is becoming a little mean and out of control.......as most political threads do :( .

cfitzarl, the issue I have with this whole thing is when people are so misinformed and yet speak of what they "know" as the truth.

Yes, I see you point Route44. However, it is a sad fact, that these types of thread all to often turn into a flame fest of sorts. I hope this won`t happen to this thread.

BTW: It seems that cfitzarl deleted his comments, so I removed his post altogether.

Regards Howard :)

I just hope citzarl didn't think I my comments were aimed at him because they were by no means intended so. My issue is with those who say (not topps999) that 1) the news wasn't even in parts of America and 2) the whole satellite thing, and 3) the U.S. Government keeping things from people.

I'll just let it drop and move on. I rarely even post in these types of threads; I guess I needed a refresher on why I don't. ;)

I think we are all veering off topic.

Within the first few replies, we have more or less been able to establish that no such real news was reported. I think it should have stopped there and then.
I don't quite see the point of this thread continuing as there's nothing much else within this topic to talk about. Perhaps it should be closed just in case it leads to something undesirable.

Regards,
momok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back