Sandisk Cruzer Micro gone wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I have read a lot of the previous threads and cannot find one that fits my problems. I recently bought a sandisk Cruzer micro 1G and I put it into my laptop and it worked great. then I tried to move a document from my laptop to my desktop (Dell Dimension 2400) and I actually got it to work (I don't know how) but now everytime I put it in my desktop my entire computer freezes until I remove the Cruzer Micro. But it still works fine on the laptop (has worked on 2 different laptops) so I don't know if it is my computer or the flash drive.Help Please!

When the computer freezes, is the Hard Disk Access light on? Sometimes on my computer it just takes a while (1-2 minutes) searching for the driver for my USB stick. Try just leaving it in there for a while and seeing what happens.

Nope that didn't work I left it in for about 10 minutes and no go. thelight blinked 2 times and I heard the little ding that windows does when it finds new hardware but nothing ran.

I am having this exact same problem except my 1GB Cruzer Micro freezes up every computer I put it into. Have you been able to find a fix?

Find a linux or 98 computer (linux if its locking up a 98 machine). You don't even have to have a linux machine, just a linux live cd. Then format the drive as FAT32.

When I went to format the disk there were 2 partitions. One was the autorun software and the other was the main memory. I formated the main memory to FAT32 and still nothing works.

I work with laptops and now boot them using USB thumb drives.

The hangs sounds like the USB drive you are using may contain a virus that has attached itself to the Master Boot Record (MBR) or other system file.

Run a virus scan on the thumb drive device using current virus definitions to see if that may be affecting your device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back