Search-Daily has hijacked my IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem with Search-Daily. Everytime I search something through Google, I am redirected to another website beginning with an IP address, then Search-Daily, then search inquiry. How can I get rid of this? I used Hijack This and have the log file. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I ran Spybot S&D, and got nowhere.

Hi mrman0315 and welcome to techspot. =)

I suggest you do the following before doing anything else

Important: Please read this thread HERE before deciding if you should CLEAN or FORMAT your system

Should you decide to that cleaning your system is the best option, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Do not copy and paste your logs if not they will be removed.

Our experts here will tend to your queries thereafter.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of mrman0315 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Search-Daily Hijack

I had same problem with Search-Daily. Determined my issue was browser add-on bthcis.dll file in Windows/System32, a Browser Helper Object which looked like several other bluetooth files, but does not have a publisher indicated.

The Search-Daily hijack is stopped if you disable the bthcis.dll in "Manage Add Ons" in IE Tools.

McAfee stopped this file trying to connect, which made me look at it. Ad-Aware and Spyboy SD do not catch it. I deleted the file in safe mode, and cleaned the registry. I have not had a problem since - which does not mean I won't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back