Sec slave HDD error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have opened up my PC after an year or so.I tried to install windows XP on it but when the setup was aborted in between.Again when I restarted it, then setup says no hard disk found on your computer.

I thought it will be a better idea to format it once.I connected my harddisk to my friends PC and made it as sec slave.

I checked in the BIOS setup that my hard disk was properly detected(along with primary hard disk of my friend). But when I exit the BIOS it says Sec Slave HDD error.If I continue by pressing F1, it boots normally from the primary hard disk and does not show any drives of my hard disk.

Please suggest me what to do.

With your HDD attached to your friends machine check to see if Windows recognizes it via the Disk Management utility (Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc > Ok).

If it's not recognized odds are your drive is defective and you may want to look into a replacement.

A lot of crap can happen in long term storage - for one - static build up especially with dust. If you took the drive offline to a second computer and it was not picked up, the drive is probably toast. But to be sure, hook it up to a USB connection to check one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back