Something strange is happening with my computer, advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

atai

Hello everyone,

a few days ago strange lines started appearing on my computer screen. It has progressed and I could barely see anything.

Then monitor kept going into "power saver" mode and back when I booted Windows in normal mode.

I booted Windows in "safe mode". Monitor wasn't shutting off anymore but the screen was barely readable. I managed to save my data on external drive.

I put in my Windows installation disk and restarted computer wanting to format the hard disk and reinstall Windows.

When I would restart I would see black screen and hear DVD drive spinning but nothing was happening. (The boot order was set correctly)

Now when I restart I see this

img00039c.jpg

img00038i.jpg

This screen just stands there. I cannot access the BIOS, load Windows or boot from CD/DVD.

All 3 fans in my comp work fine when computer is on.

img00041k.jpg

I tried removing battery and putting it back later but it didn't help.

img00047o.jpg

My computer has 2 gigs RAM, runs Win XP Professional SP2 and this is my motherboard

img00049ox.jpg

At this point I have no idea what to do or even what caused this. I was hoping to format and reinstall Windows but I'm unable to boot.

I would be thankful for any advice at all.

Melissa

It's not a Windows issue so don't bother trying to reinstall Windows. If it was Windows issue, it would not affect the display of the motherboard logo as shown. It could be the graphics card failing or maybe the power supply failing. Do you have another graphics card to test with or can you try your card in another system?

I don't have another graphic card so I can't test the computer. How likely is it that graphic card is the problem here? If it's very probable I can buy a new one.

When computer is turned on it's stuck on that "motherboard screen" I posted above but computer doesn't shut off or restarts on its own. Does that meat that power supply is ok?

Thanks for your help

This is obvious artefacting, 90% that ur video card has died, a small chance that RAM is faulty, borrow Video Card from ur friend or someone if u can...

Well, mystery solved. I took out my video card per your instructions and had something to see.

img00052gc.jpg

These little things apparently exploded and something unholy started coming out.

kartica1.jpg

Thank you mailpup and IlFenomeno99 for helping me out.

IlFenomeno99, do you think it's possible to get this fixed or should I just get a new one? If so, which one? This one is nvidia GF 7600. Which one would you recommend (from HGSpot if possible).

Thank you
Pozdrav
croatiasmiley.gif

Well, mystery solved. I took out my video card per your instructions and had something to see.

These little things apparently exploded and something unholy started coming out.

Thank you mailpup and IlFenomeno99 for helping me out.

IlFenomeno99, do you think it's possible to get this fixed or should I just get a new one? If so, which one? This one is nvidia GF 7600. Which one would you recommend (from HGSpot if possible).

Thank you

Well maybe it can be fixed but u must find someone who have and wants to try to change those broken condenzators, but i think any PC Service will not take it to repair im affraid u'll have 2 buy a new video card... How much money u'll spend on the card? I have Gigabyte nvidia 8600GT 256MB, my old card if u want to buy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back