Sound doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, ok my sound hasnt worked for a lond time and i was just finding out how to fix
it so i go to device manager and a yellow ? is there no other file has 1 but this the file is called:

video controller (VGA Compatible)

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I click reinstall and install wizard comes up searches for the file and then says

CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE
The hardware wan not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

any things you think i could do to fix this??? i have not had sound for like 6 month but it has to started to get on my nervs lol >=(

umm is your audio motherboard based, or a soundcard. video has nothing to do with sound in the drivers. what i mean by motherboard based is this : does it come off of a little connector attached to the mottherboard, or a custom installed soundcard in a PCI slot?? if its motherboard, go into your BIOS setup, and find "ONBOARD AUDIO", make sure it is enabled. If it a soound card, make sure it is disabled. The next thing to do if motherboard based is to search for the motherboards drivers (i find easiest way is tto check out the computers maker, and check their website). Also, if in you control panel ->Sounds and devivces, it sows no audio device, then find your motherboard specs and give them to us. Lavalyst's Everest is a good program for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back