Sound Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sound worked fine one night i was using vent and everything worked just fine, the next day i turned my computer on and tried getting on vent again but it told me there was no directsound so i ran DXdiag and it told me i had no sound hardware so i opened up my case and reseated the sound card and turned it back on i have done this 3 times now and it still isn't detecting my sound card. btw my sound card is a Sound Blaster Live! Value Dell OEM. thxs for any feedback you guys can give me.

try this steps:

1.uninstall your sound driver
2.turn off your pc
3.open the CPU case & take off your sound card
4.turn the sound card back to the slot
5.turn your pc on

when the OS loads completely,wait till "FOUND NEW HARDWARE" appears right before the tray icon.then go on with the next step that will appear on the window until you finish the installation of your sound driver.

ok i did all that but now when i try and install my drivers it tells me that it cant find the correct hardware and the drivers wont install and now my video card will not show up and its drivers dont work.

is my motherboard going bad?

if your OS is Windows & you're connected to the internet,try a manual update of your windows.

to do that:
go to : start> help & support >pick a task> keep your computer up to date with windows update....then it will prompt you to follow the intructions & get all the necessary updates that will appear & download it.you need those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back