Suddenly BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have built a new computer and it ran flawless for approx 2 mos. Now I have had 4 BSOD in two days. I was playing WoW (World of Warcraft) when I experienced the first BSOD. Game just froze and locked up. After a while very fast BSOD appeared and dissapeared, then it rebooted and reported Windows recovered from a serious error. I have attached some minidumps

You didn't mention just what video card you are using did you? Let me tell you... A gforce card, by Nvidia right? The BSODs are caused by a Nvidia driver. This driver might have been corrupted by some update or program install... You tell us

yes it's a Nvidia 8800 GTX by Evga.
Quad Core
4 GB Corsair Dominator
XP Pro
SB X-Fi

Should I just reinstall the Nvidia driver? Is that the best solution
scott

You can try to reinstall the driver. The only problem might be that the driver might need to be uninstalled completely before trying to reinstall it

thanks for the replies, are you certain it's the Nvidia driver? I used add/remove programs to uninstall the nividia drivers, restarted windows reinstalled the latest
nividia drivers.

I am going to run wow to see if it locks up.

But what I really want to know, are you certain by looking at the dumps it's nividia card/drivers?

thanks
Scott

scottjays said:
thanks for the replies, are you certain it's the Nvidia driver? I used add/remove programs to uninstall the nividia drivers, restarted windows reinstalled the latest
nividia drivers.

I am going to run wow to see if it locks up.

But what I really want to know, are you certain by looking at the dumps it's nividia card/drivers?

thanks
Scott

Scott,
you are not the only one who is suffering with BSODs caused by Nvidia drivers. Nvidia drivers are one of the most common causes of BSODs in XP... Your minidumps point to Nv4_disp.dll (nv4_disp+ef4b5) You can do a Google search on this for your own satisfaction. These are your minidumps, not mine. I'm an ATI user. I don't suffer from BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back