System Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkcause

Alrighty I been working on and off to fix and solve this problem I've been having and here is the Event Error.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 6/21/2009
Time: 5:24:00 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MATT-7173BA0990
Description:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c000001d, parameter2 e3fb47bc, parameter3 a45ce88c, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 38 1000008
0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 63 30 eters c0
0030: 30 30 30 30 31 64 2c 20 00001d,
0038: 65 33 66 62 34 37 62 63 e3fb47bc
0040: 2c 20 61 34 35 63 65 38 , a45ce8
0048: 38 63 2c 20 30 30 30 30 8c, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

I get this error after I load FlyFF(MMO) and after connecting and everything I click Creat to create a Character and then BSOD....thats about all I know about the error.

Updated everything from soft and hardware along with several virus scans all clean. I just don't know what else to do or what to ask beside if anyone knows the problem please point me into a better and new direction. Thanks!

OS Win XP Pro SP3
Ram 2gb
HDD 160gb
GPU radeon 9550 256mb
CPU AMD athlon XP 3200+

-DarkCause

The error 1003 is a pretty general error, rather hard to diagnose it with just the Error ID itself. Is it possible that you could upload some minidumps for us to debug?

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > Minidump

Then myself or someone else will have a better idea as to what is going on

mediafire

.com?sharekey=d4777618f3f3d04ac2b435915e8821d7e04e75f6e8ebb871

"just copy all this and paste in address = link to mini's"

Was this supposed to be a link? Not entirely sure what happened there.

You can attach them to your post by the way, if you go into advanced and then attach the dumps.

If they are too big, you can always zip them

sorry it was but i didn't have a post count of 5 and could post it fully all ya had to do was removes some spaces and poof ya got a link lol anyways i uploaded to this message thank you for you time.

one is
0x8E - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".
Faulting Module - portcls.sys
Info on fix for this one: http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=299
Also... (Posted by Kimsland)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921401/en-us
and here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810272

three are
0x8E - Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.
Faulting Module - ati3duag.dll
see this thread... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic112967.html

Note -
I was here, and SnowChick wasn't... She will be back! But this may get you started in the right direction.

UPDATE found these other errors in the time of crash due to the same step made to play FlyFF after doing a few uninstall reinstalling drivers ect incase it was much more

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date: 6/24/2009
Time: 4:15:07 AM
Description:
The Human Interface Device Access service terminated with the following error:
The specified module could not be found.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

and this one

Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 6/24/2009
Time: 4:14:11 AM
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for the Network Card with network address 0040CA8B2057 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Your dumps reveal that...
The errors are being caused by the way your game is interacting with your video drivers.
The game may need to be patched, or your drivers updated.
I have also seem a recommendation that you run the game with administrator privileges,
but I would not recommend this for security reasons.
Snowchick may have more for you on these concerns.

Modules cited in the dumps are... portcls.sys, Neuz.exe, and ati3duag.dll

ight ill have a look at those and far as the game it completes a patch each time i load it and my video card ATI Radeon 9550 is updated to lastest 9.3 Update CCC.

Hope maybe snow will have another soulution if nothing else pops up.

I also did another memtest and a Scan Disk for errors which both past which brings me back to my video card and that one game...

*note that i dont have this issue technicly with any other game and i play counter strike source on all high running over 60fps though i lag in some maps and fly in many...but there are a few other games ive ran across to crash the same way Fable being one of them and used to play it almost flawlessly :\

I could say its the game interfering with something with either the vga or networking....

anyways ima look these other things up and try to find somthing...

UPDATE: Neuz.exe relies from the game FlyFF found a post on this exe, still looking

Have done a bit of research on this issue and found that most people have pulled out a lot of hair over this particular blue screen. It can be endless amount of things and what may work for some people generally doesn't work for others.

So we are going to try a few things, bare with me on this one :)

Please update your chipset drivers to the latest, your network adapter and also update your sound card drivers and then try run your game. If your problems persist then defrag your hard drive
start>all programs>accessories>system tools>disk defragmenter. Then select Defragment

If you are still getting the blue screen then please follow the directions below

Lets start first with the soundcard, do you have a PCI soundcard or is it integrated? (I say this because in your dumps I noted a sound port as causing a crash). Disable your sound and see if you are still getting crashes in game. This error can be caused if your sound is using the same port as another device

To disable - Start > Right Click on the My Computer Icon > Manage > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Right Click on your sound device (may be Creative or Realtek) > Select disable. Restart and then run your game and see if you get a blue screen.

If so, then please upload the latest 3 minidumps, as by eliminating the soundcard you can sometimes get a completely different error that will point in another direction >.<

If you are running fine, then we can address the sound issue :)

have disabled sound to render this problem, everything is updated for both sound and network, both are onboard also,,,, found a post invoving the ati3d thingy dll file and found this is a serious hair puller....now i cant say how this is gonna work for me as if everything is updated no errors or any sign of problems besides the bsod and various system file interating cause a chain reaction of hell....might be best to clean my hdd then fresh start this all over....i mean literally clean it :\ anyways keep me posted im start my process from the start and work my way back here

but then again its only very few games that i dont play much....think i should cut my losses and move on with what i have?

Did you end up defragging your computer? I read that this actually solved a few peoples problems.

Have you tried reinstalling the problematic games?

yea i have done everything by every post....think its just the games cause i play a wide range wihtout the problems...ima cut my losses and appreciate yalls time in helping...maybe yall should send me a pm on how to debug the codes myself when needed :D thank again

DarkCause

For Debugging, I would (in fact, I did) start here ... http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/Debugging/default.mspx

Others may have suggestions on good tutorials from "third party" sources.
Of course SnowChick may have a (tongue in cheek) suggestion about Hogwarts school for wizards. :haha:
I am still learning... There is much in a debug session I still do not get, but with practice, I am getting ?better? :confused:
(in case you missed it, that is a Monty Python reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back